Thread: Warcraft III Peripherals needed

Warcraft III Peripherals needed

I got a brand new desktop computer with an intel i7 and with high graphics card. Right now i am using generic wired keyboard and mouse. And i think this setup would really benefit from a wireless mouse and keyboard for playing games(mostly Warcraft III). And very behind on the latest gaming peripheral technology, and don't think would even use some of the newest gaming mouse features. Should i get a wireless mouse like the Logitech G7 (and leave the keyboard wired), or get a wireless desktop combo that would be adequate for playing Warcraft III. Please give me suggestion, what should i do. Also my budget to buy this peripherals is about $200.

Re: Warcraft III Peripherals needed

I am using a logitech G7 wireless mouse and a G9 wired mouse. I would say that G7 is much better. I don't consider wireless keyboards though, unless the desktop setup really needs it. A wired keyboard gives lots of options like backlighting, USB ports, and displays (e.g. Logitech G15). And i think you should go for gaming pad, like the Belkin N52. This would be better option which will allow you to play game in much better way. Hope you would be able to fix the problem
    Last edited by Hardwareman; 02-01-2010 at 09:33 AM.

I am also having query related Warcraft III. I have installed Warcraft 3 onto my desktop on the G Drive. C is my system drive and don't really have the space for it anyhow ( then also i have installed Warcraft 3 on C drive just to see if it does work but it came to the same problem). Actually once I was trying to install Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne and it does not pick up that Warcraft 3 is installed and tells me I must install warcraft 3 first, etc etc. Don't know what really the problem is, hope someone here knows how to fix this?

It does matter with game that which mouse or keyboard you use it, your desktop should have the following minimum requirement to run Warcraft nicely:
    1] 400 MHz Pentium II or equivalent, or a 400 MHz G3 processor or better.
    2] Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, or Windows XP. And also
    note that Warcraft III requires Mac OS® 9.0 or higher, or Mac OS X®
    10.1.3 or higher
    3] Warcraft III requires 128 MB of RAM.
    4] A keyboard and mouse are required.
    5] A HDD having with at least 600 MB of free space.
    So, don't think you need to buy any wireless keyboard or mouse, if you already have normal ones. It would be waste of money to go with wireless from my point of view.

In my opinion there is no harm or waste of money to go with a wireless keyboard, but no wireless mouse as it does not have that good life. Specially for gaming purpose, go with LED backlit keyboards which are very cool and can even be practical, but they are expensive. (I use generic keyboards $4 wired, $8 wireless). When it comes to mouse, MX518 or G5 or anyone else, they just are not as responsive and are sometimes downright annoying. So, don't go for wireless mouse, instead go for wireless keyboard, this would benefit you alot.

I think it would be not a good assumption, that you would benefit from a wireless mouse, instead of wireless keyboard, being used to wired you might get annoyed by the lag. And wireless keyboard are a bit pointless as well, if got for wireless then the option to increase USB ports are lesser and would not get ports for headphone also. Go for logitech G9 series wireless mouse which is better then G7 series. And you also opt for gaming pad if you want be gamer in feature.