Thread: My RAID 0 is showing as Offline drive .??!

My RAID 0 is showing as Offline drive .??!

I am having an ASUS P4S8X motherboard. Whenever my system boots, it shows that RAID-0 offline. Also when I went into the Array Config Util, it said that one of my drives was Offline. Has anyone had that problem and do you know of a way to bring it back online?? I have never used standby mode on my computer before, but when I tried it, my RAID-0 drive stopped working. Please help to sort out this problem.
    As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness.Henry David Thoreau

Re: My RAID 0 is showing as Offline drive .??!

You must be using the Raptors with the Raid-0. I would like to suggest you to check that raptors properly. I have heard that raptor drives can be very weak may be one of the connectors inside has broke or has come loose. Also try to take the cables off make a note which drive went on which socket. This can make much easy for troubleshooting.

I don't know the exact solution but you can try this.
    • Mark the drives so you know what position they were in on the Raid IDE leads.
    • Take them off the raid and put one at a time back on IDE 1 master.
    • Run Diagnostics from manufactures to see if they are recoverable.
    • If all works out you should be able to put them back as they were.

Doing this testing may help you.

By doing this you can fix your problem "RAID 0 is showing as Offline drive"
    Follow the steps :
    1. Get into the RAID utility (Do a control-f on startup).
    2. Select DELETE RAID (4) - (According to me deleting the RAID does not delete the data)
    3. Then select the Auto Configure RAID (1)
    4. After the RAID is rebuilt, you should be able to reboot.

I had the similar problem before as described by you. I just deleted the array and re-created it. Afterward it started working properly. Also there was no loss of data. So I would like to recommend you to do the deletion and then re-create the partition. Maybe this can solve your problem too.

Many times this issue arises when your raptor drives becomes weak. So first check whether they are working properly. Changing the Raptor drive is the better option. And even the problem persists, then try to delete and recreate the RAID partition. For doing this follow the procedure as described by "Dammit".

I have a similar problem, but slightly different.

After a blue screen of death, one of my RAID 0 member becomes offline at each startup. After 2 days of frustration, I was happy to find this thread and the solution posted by Dammit, but I have an ASUS P5B Deluxe motherboard and I don't think i have the <ctrl-f> raid utility built-in. Instead, I have access to the Intel Matrix Storage Utility and the JMicron Utility which are built into the mobo I think. However, both utility have no option to delete the raid partition without data loss and rebuild it, instead, they have "Delete RAID Volume" and "Set Disks to Non-RAID" options, and both are said to destroy all data on the disks.

Is there still hope for me to recover the RAID Partitions without losing data?

Quote Originally Posted by RunUp4U View Post
    I have a similar problem, but slightly different.

After a blue screen of death, one of my RAID 0 member becomes offline at each startup. After 2 days of frustration, I was happy to find this thread and the solution posted by Dammit, but I have an ASUS P5B Deluxe motherboard and I don't think i have the <ctrl-f> raid utility built-in. Instead, I have access to the Intel Matrix Storage Utility and the JMicron Utility which are built into the mobo I think. However, both utility have no option to delete the raid partition without data loss and rebuild it, instead, they have "Delete RAID Volume" and "Set Disks to Non-RAID" options, and both are said to destroy all data on the disks.

Is there still hope for me to recover the RAID Partitions without losing data?
    Have you downloaded the latest drivers for the ICH8-R and used the latest F6 files to also update the ROM in your ICH8-R along with having the latest drivers from Matrix Storage from Intel Site? I guess you are still using old files or drivers from the Asus Disc.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Hockson View Post
    Have you downloaded the latest drivers for the ICH8-R and used the latest F6 files to also update the ROM in your ICH8-R along with having the latest drivers from Matrix Storage from Intel Site? I guess you are still using old files or drivers from the Asus Disc.
    My OS is on the RAID 0 Volume, therefore I cannot update anything that requires an OS with Interface.
    And I also tried Asus' Live Support and the representative left the chat session before giving me an valid solution...

I fixed this problem by disconnecting one of the drives and start the computer, booting into a different OS installation and running Intel Matrix Storage Manager. And of course it showed a drive is missing. Then i connected the cable to the drive while the system was on and then MSM recognized it as part of the array, then I chose recover the volume to fix the array and then the status went to normal. After the computer is restarted, the problem is gone and everything is back to normal.

Hope this helps anyone who's having a similar problem with their system.