Thread: PlayStation Usb media issue

PlayStation Usb media issue

I'm having a usb memory stick which i usually used to connect my PlayStation. Now the problem is that when i view movies directly from a usb memory stick and try to FF or rewind the movie cuts out. I end up in XMB and the memory stick doesn't show up, requiring me to take the stick out of the usb slot and put it back in. What i need to do to resolve PlayStation Usb media issue? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: PlayStation Usb media issue

According to me best of knowledge, only one of the two USB ports is rated to power a hard drive directly. Try the other port or an external power adaptor. ONLY FAT and FAT32 works if you are to use it for copying off the memory cards. Also, it doesn't support "partitions" in its firmware. That is, when you press the copy button, there is no offer to place it on a specific partition.

There might be conflict hardware each other, that why it creating the problem. USB sticks perform very slow if using filesystems other than reiserfs or vfat. It might be because the stick is not actually transferring at USB 2.0 speed and times out, Are you connecting direct to USB Port on PS3 or via HUB.

To work around it I used a notebook drive adapter and put the laptop drive in the PC and then booted up DOS to create a full size FAT32 volume. However, if DVD-RAM with UDF is mounted async, performance is on par with
    reiserfs. Reiserfs behaves almost the same using sync or async. Exactly the same happens with usb-sticks.

It is because you have bought a fake usb stick. Try copying the video file from the usb stick to the ps3 hard drive. You won't be able to select the USB drive if it wasn't formatted in a way that windows can see it. You may have to format it using explorer, then it will show up in the creator tool.