Thread: Lexmark X83 printer problem with windows XP OS

Lexmark X83 printer problem with windows XP OS

I am having the Lexmark X83 printer and this printer is not working properly with the Windows XP operating system. The Installation of this printer hangs in between. The installation process stops at 2/4 step. I dont know why this is happening. If anybody else is having the same problem and now the problem is solved then tell me how did they solved this issue. I need some help from you guys about this problem.
    Thank you.

Re: Lexmark X83 printer problem with windows XP OS

You are having the Lexmark X83 which is the very good and all in one printer from the Lexmark. The problem which you are getting is this printer is not installing in your computer system. The installation process stops at the 2/4 step. You are having the Windows XP operating system in your computer system. May be your computer is running so much processes from the start up itself. So before start of the installation process for the printer close the processes which you are not using. This will free up some RAM space in your computer system which will be utilized during the Installation of the printer.

This can be the problem related with the Installation Disc of the Lexmark X83 printer. May be the installation or the software disc of the printer is not working or it has the scratches on the surface as the result the ROM of the computer system is not able to read the disc after the first step of the installation procedure. That is the reason why the installation procedure stops at the second step itself. I will advice you to again download the installation software of the Lexmark X83 printer and install it in your computer system.

You have mentioned in your query that the installation process hangs up after starting and completing almost second step. I want to ask you that you have connected your computer or not. If not then connect it with the computer and proceed with the installation process. Without connecting the printer to computer system you cannot complete the installation of the printer. Or you will be given the option during the installation to carry on with the installation without connecting the printer to the computer system. Select this option and continue with the installation procedure.

The printers installation stops during after the start of the sometime. You have not mentioned that the system is giving any error message or not. If some error is coming in this procedure before the system hangs. Then this can be issue related to the software compatibility. Check the compatibility of the software which you are trying to install with the Windows operating system. If this software is not supported by the Windows XP OS then download the software of the Lexmark X83 printer which is compatible with the Windows XP operating system.

If all the things you have tried for installing this printer to your computer system and all the thing have not worked for you. You have two ways available to fix this problem. Either reinstall the operating system of your computer system. May be this problem is coming due to operating system itself. The other thing that you can do is that install the operating system which is by default supported by this Lexmark X83 printer.