Thread: How to Reset a Slingbox Password

How to Reset a Slingbox Password

Hi,

I'm trying to install the SlingPlayer software on my "new" G5 but can not remember the password (admin and user) for the Slingbox Pro and I have in my files do not work. I called customer service and was told to hold the reset button on the back of the Slingbox for 30 seconds, but that does not seem to have done nothing. I would appreciate some help to Reset a Slingbox Password....

Re: How to Reset a Slingbox Password

The default password is blank, is placed during installation. Hold down the reset button for 5 + seconds to reset. I do not remember the exact sequence of light, but must be able to say when power is restored. In the Worst case, wait for 10 seconds ...

To Reset a Slingbox Password, Hold down the reset button for five seconds. For most models, which is in the back of the Slingbox on the left side. Lights flash from left to right, followed by a slow flash. After 20 seconds, Open SlingPlayer and select "Slingbox Directory" in the View menu. Choose your Slingbox from the list and click "Edit Properties". Open the configuration settings Slingbox. Click the tab "Slingbox Configuration" and select "Change Icon" in the "Slingbox Configuration". Enter your administrator password when prompted to do so. You are prompted to name your Slingbox. If you are satisfied with the existing name, click Next. If not, type a new name and click Next. You are now in the key set / change screen. The Slingbox uses two passwords. Enter the new password (s) of your Slingbox and confirm that the second text box. Click "Next" to save the changes. Click Finish to exit the installation wizard.

To reset your Slingbox, you must be in your own network and be able to physically access the Slingbox.

1. With your Slingbox on, press and hold the Reset button on the back of the Slingbox for five seconds.
    2. The lights on the front of the Slingbox quickly flash from left to right, and then flashes slowly.
    3. The Slingbox is reset after 30 seconds.
    4. Once reset, the power light remains solid.
    5. If your Slingbox is connected to your router, the Network light will also come on when you receive an IP address.

When I try access slingbox, I got the message " password is not correct". So I did the reset button thing again. But now when I try to reset the slingbox configuration now, however, it does not accept my administrator password. Further I can not do anything without using the password, but I keep getting the incorrect password message.

I had the same problem with mcafee, the problem with the password came, when my McAfee automatically downloaded the updated version 7. After several unsuccessful attempts to call technical support Slingbox, the told you must disable McAfee, change the port used by the Slingbox, then restart McAfee. It now works smoothly.