Thread: Multimedia hard drive and PC

Multimedia hard drive and PC

Hello everyone,
    I just bought a hard disk media that works perfectly. The transfer from the PC to the HDD (Mpman MPh100) is via USB 2.0. Currently, SD is located in my living room and my PC in the room. When I want to transfer photos from my PC to the DD, I am forced to unplug the SD TV, to bring up my PC, to transfer and bring the show to be able to view my photos quietly in my living room. You'll understand that it is not all that handy! I tried to network, which works well, in fact this function is only used if you want to share files. I can not move permanently to SD multimedia. Do you guys have any idea about this? Is this feasible? Thank you, any help is welcome.

Re: Multimedia hard drive and PC

Hi,
    I tried to network, which works well but in fact this function is only used if you want to share files. I can not move permanently SD multimedia.
    What you mean by this? You see your network drive, you can share files, it means that you can copy files over. Once copied, the files are permanently unless you delete them later. Is this a disc that has its own network interface?
    Can you reach the network neighborhood? If you can read files but not write is a configuration problem of user rights on your disk. I do not know what you want to say exactly.

Hello
    In fact, when I put the DD on this network, I do it with ethernet cable connected to a switch, itself connect to the livebox. My PC does not see the DD but DD sees the shared folders on the PC. I can read them but I do not see how to copy from PC to SD. Perhaps is there a configuration to do on the PC to see my HDD and copy over as well but then I see?

Hi
    What do you mean by 'it does not see the hard drive'?
    Can you have shared folders on this drive?
    Can you manage to ping the disk from your PC?
    Please check these possibilities and then see what is the response.

Hi
    Indeed, we must configure your drive for sharing files. This must be possible since the interface that you used to get files on your pc. Have you tried to get the ip address of your hard drive into your browser. That should lead you to a configuration interface. Or perhaps watching the doc to your hard disk to see how to network.

Hello
    So I already tried the advice:
    - Trying to put the ip in the browser, I get the following message "The connection to the server was reset while the page loads"
    - I also tried to ping the DD as suggested but nothing, it gives me the following message: "No network accepted the given network path".
    - On the record, it explains the procedure to be followed in order to share files from Pc.
    - Concerning the sharing of files contained in SD at least plug the HD on the PC with USB and proceed to share as we could do with another file, nothing is apparently planned the menu for the SD.

Summary:
    - SD matters Multimedia access, Ethernet networking, shared folders from the PC but the PC can not access the SD media (I do not even see it appear in My Network Places or elsewhere).

- Another note: I can connect this multi DD both in wireless ethernet for incorporation into a network.
    In Ethernet, it works, except the problems mentioned above but with WiFi, it does not find the connection, yet I shall like when I put the notebook of my wife Wifi (synchronization livebox + WEP) but it does not work.
    Last edited by HardWeaR; 29-12-2009 at 02:29 PM.