Thread: Transcend Memory card error - showing write protected

Transcend Memory card error - showing write protected

I am having the 16GB Transcend Memory card . I am using this memory card with the Nokia 5800 Xpess Music mobile phone. I am having the laptop. When i insert this memory card using the Card adapter in the memory card reader of the laptop for transferring the data. The error comes that the storage media is write protected and noting copies on the Memory card. Whereas i can properly copy the contents of the memory card to the laptop without any problem. How can i solve this issue of the memory card.

Re: Transcend Memory card error - showing write protected

You are having the 16GB Transcend SDHC memory card which you are using with the Nokia 5800 Xpress Music Mobile phone. The problem with this memory card is that you are not able to transfer the data in this memory card using the card reader of the laptop. It shows that the storage media is write protected so cannot transfer the data to the memory card. You are saying that you are inserting this card with the adapter in the card reader of the laptop. There is the lock on the top left hand corner of the adapter of the card reader. If that lock is down then you wont be able to copy anything on the memory card. So be careful during inserting the adapter in the card reader the lock should be open.

For fixing the issue of the write protection error of your memory card follow these steps mentioned below.

1. Start command prompt (Run window)
    2. Type regedit and press enter
    3. Now the registry window will be opened.
    4. Type the following path
    5. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\StorageDevicePolicies
    6. just do the Double click on Write Protect Tab and make the value as zero
    7. Exit the registry window
    8. Restart the laptop

If you are not able to copy anything on the Transcend 16GB SDHC Memory card then there is some problem with your memory card, Check this memory card with other laptops and the computers. if the problem exits with all the computers and the laptops. You should format this memory card. Formatting will delete all the files on the memory card. so it better to take backup before formatting the memory card. This will solve this issue.

If this 16GB transcend memory card is working fine means that you are able to transfer the data using other computer or the laptops then this is clearly the problem of the card reader device of the laptop. I will suggest you to connect this memory card to the laptop with the cell phone itself. You should use the USB Cable of the Nokia 5800 mobile to connect to the laptop and transfer the data using this method. This will not create any problem in the data transfer process to the memory card.

If you are not having the USB cable of your Nokia 5800 mobile phone then also you can transfer the data to the memory card using the Bluetooth connection. First of all install the Nokia OVI or the PC Suite in the laptop and connect the laptop and the mobile phone using the bluetooth. After this transfer the data. But the data transfer rate will be slower than the USB data transfer rate. If you dont have the bluetooth in the laptop then i will suggest you to use the External card reader for this data transfer purpose.