Thread: D drive shows Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Assertion failed error

D drive shows Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Assertion failed error

I had been running Windows Xp on my machine. Whenever i start the computer it gives out an error message and after that it leaves me with a black screen and i have to switch my computer off through the power button. Another problem is that when i try to open my D drive it gives out an error message stating that Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Assertion failed! Program: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE File/external/boost_1_31_0\boost/shared_ptr.hpp Line: 254 Expression: px !=0. Can any one tell me that how do i resolve D drive showing Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Assertion failed error? What i need to do in order to get rid of this problem? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: D drive shows Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Assertion failed error

The Mosdmn.exe and Mosearch.exe files are part of the "Support for fast searching" feature in Office XP. If the problem still exists without add-ons, try doing a system file scan to check for corruption. To do this, go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator. In the Command Prompt type the following and press enter: SFC /SCANNOW. This feature is similar to the Find Fast feature in Microsoft Office 2000. Fast searching uses the Indexing Service in Office XP to create a catalog of Office files on your computer's hard disk.

This is fact not a Visual C++ problem, but a problem of Explorer which has been made with Visual C++. In Visual C 7.0 and 7.1, the optimizer is known to be a lot more aggressive and the Volatile storage class is needed in more places. This behavior seems to have affected drivers for National Instrument boards more than most. The Mosearch.exe (Microsoft Office Search Service) and Mosdmn.exe (Microsoft Office 10 Search Filter Daemon) Startup items may be conflicting with some other program (or programs) running in the background.

If the error message cannot be reproduced, this indicates that MoSearch is conflicting with some other program or programs running in the background. Uninstall all applications or drivers which you have recently installed, search for spyware, remove BHOs (Browser Helper Objects) and additional third-party toolbars, install service packs and updates, if this will not help format the system. As you said that the problem does not occur in the safe mode i believe its an issue with the corruption of the windows registry if the problem recently started than u can try doing a system restore and if the problem is not solved by the restore than do a repair of your operating system.

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. After you perform these steps, search for the Mosearch.exe and Mosdmn.exe files. You should not find them. If you do find them, you can safely delete these two files. Microsoft AntiSpyware/Windows Defender is an excellent tool to search for spyware, remove BHOs and toolbars, by the way. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.