Thread: Lenovo x200 Laptop black screen on boot

Lenovo x200 Laptop black screen on boot

I recently got lenovo x200 laptop. The display on laptop has suddenly decided to stop working, when i start my laptop i get black screen on boot. I have tried to restart my laptop two to three time it won't... I am running windows xp my laptop. I would be very grateful for any assistance on this matter.

Re: Lenovo x200 Laptop black screen on boot

Your problem could be a freeze up when hibernating. If lenovo x200 laptop battery is low charge it up. Then disconnect the supply and remove the battery for say 2 min. Then replace the battery and reboot. This should fix your problem, if not go back to supplier. Note holding down the start button for 5secs will switch of your lenovo x200 laptop.

I suspect this to be a hardware problem.windows should not affect POST. I would also lean toward the loose cable suggestions. I, however, would also offer this:If your video controller is on its way out and has a short or a failing IC you may also get this kind of behavior.

If you are running wondows xp, this is a common problem because the default settings cause it to go into hibernation/sleep simultaneously. Hold the lenovo x200 power button down for 5-10 seconds until all the front lights are off. Then, turn it on, go into advanced power settings, and turn off all hibernation and sleep options. You can leave say "after 5 minutes: sleep: on battery." But everything else should be "do nothing" except power button and start menu, have those set to "turn off."

Unpluge and remove the battery then hold down the power button for 30-60 seconds. Then restart will solve the problem.When this happens, 1) if you turn the power off 2) then turn the power back on again 3) will Windows eventually get to the point where it offers you black screen?