Thread: Lenovo g550 won't detect wireless network

Lenovo g550 won't detect wireless network

My lenovo g550 laptop with Windows XP with wireless card can not detect wireless networks anywhere.... I get "wireless network unavailable", I have a Belkin ADSL2 Wireless Router, all other laptops in my office that all detect network connection without any problems., I followed the Belkin guide and went into the Wireless options in the router and set them up as shown in the guide, still the lenovo g550 Laptop won't detect nothing.

Re: Lenovo g550 won't detect wireless network

When a lenovo g550 laptop won't connect to a wireless network, it may be a the wireless adapter is switched off or disabled in software. As with volume controls for computer speakers, wireless networking can be disabled both manually and through software, and in more than one place. Most modern laptops come equipped with an manual slide switch on the front or side of the laptop that turns the wireless adapter on or off.

If you reset the Belkin Wireless ADSL2 router to factory defaults and your laptops were previously set with wireless security and passwords enabled. Your router at default may be without security enabled and this may be causing your conflict.

When you try to connect to the network does it say it can't connect at all or does it say "Limited or no connectivity"? What is the signal like to the network? Go to the properties on your wireless adapter. In the "This connection uses the following items" box, uncheck the internet protocol version6 (tcp/ipv6) box. Most routers dont support this protocol. Then restart your lenovo g550 laptop.

The icon in the notification area (at the far right of the taskbar) for a wireless connection may show the connection as "Unavailable" after you resume your laptop from standby, even if wireless connectivity is available. This problem occurs because the media connect action is not sent to the Wireless service correctly. Disable and then enable the wireless network adapter.Check this Microsoft guide for more information : Wireless Connection

When SSID broadcast is enabled, so other computers can acess to it right? do all the laptop must have the same SSID name? if i set the security measure to none instead of WEP does that mean any laptop including lenovo g550 laptop can connect to it.