Thread: Sony Vaio, Facing Strange Power Issues..?!!

Sony Vaio, Facing Strange Power Issues..?!!

I am having the Sony Vaio VGN - S150. From the last two days I am facing very strange problem of my battery. When my battery is in, my system will boot up and will go to Hibernation immediately, even though the A/C adapter is attached. I don't know what is the cause of making this happen.?? I am using the original battery which is 6 Cell Sony VGN-FS Series by Amstron. When I try to use only the battery without the A/C adapter, it holds the charge for hardly 10 minutes. Please help me soon..!!
    "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death... I will fear no evil." -Psalms 23

K8N Diamond Plus (BIOS v1.2)
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
    Antec TruControl 550W
    NVidia GeForce 7900GT (NGO v1.8466 BETA)
    OCZ Platinum 2x1GB (2-3-2-5)
    SATA: WD740
    PATA: 2xWD2500, WD1200, NEC DVD/RW

Re: Sony Vaio, Facing Strange Power Issues..?!!

Since you mentioned that you can get the battery backup for hardly 10 minutes, then its definitely the issue of the battery. The battery gets damaged due to the overcharging. Also the damage is caused when you continually recharge the battery without letting it discharge entirely. The best way to avoid this laptop battery problem is to allow your battery to completely discharge at least once each week. This allows the battery to provides longer usage. I think that another battery will solve your issue.

Even I think that your damaged battery is causing this problem. Have you tried to change the battery and used it.?? You can do this temporarily, by taking same battery from someone for a time period. Check using that battery are you facing the same issue. If the problem persists, that means there is something wrong with your power supply unit present internal in your laptop. And if you are able to use the another battery for long time then you will have to buy another battery.

Does this happen while playing some games, big applications or it happens consistently.?? If it is happening only while playing games, then it is software issue that is making your system to hibernate mode. I was facing the same, and initially I thought it was the battery issue. Later I came to know that it was software issue. My system was going into the hibernation mode whenever I start to play some games. So first make sure that it is not a software issue.

I don't think that it is the software issue. Since you cannot use the laptop more than 10 minutes even after connecting to the A/C adapter. Also I think that there are less chances of battery damage. Even after your battery is damaged you should able to use your A/C adapter for long time. I think that you should send your laptop to the service center.

According to me you should show your laptop in the service center. You are not able to use the laptop on direct power, seems like there is some issue in the bypass circuit of the laptop. The best suggestion would be showing that into the service center.