Thread: Retreiving data on C drive from faulty laptop

Retreiving data on C drive from faulty laptop

Last week my Acer aspire laptop crashed and it is not working still. I have checked it with the hardware professionals they are unable to repair that. Now, I am planning to send it to the Acer service centre but before that i want some data which is very confidential. So i want to retrieve that data any how. So suggest some ways to retrieve that data as soon as possible. The data which i want is stored in the C drive.......
    Last edited by Callium; 28-12-2009 at 09:47 PM.

Re: Retreiving data on C drive from faulty laptop

As far as your harddisk is concerned i think you can retrieve your data by connecting your harddisk to some other laptop or even desktop. I have not done it yet but try to boot it with that harddisk. If the booting is successful then you can retrieve your data. Other wise you cannot retrieve it.

This hugely depends on the compatibility of your laptops harddisk with other system. I will suggest you to connect your harddisk to a desktop if its just 2.5" SATA HDD. Try to connect it as a secondary disk. But before taking this much of initiative try to check whether your harddisk is functioning properly or not. Because if it is not working properly no matter you connect your harddisk to a desktop computer or to a super computer you will not get your data.

It all depends on the compatibility of the harddisk so first find out whether it is compatible with the system in which you are going to connect it or not. if you have an external 2.5" harddisk that connects through a USB and a computer that supports the ext hdd adapter, pull it apart and plug the disk into the in-built adapter. After connecting the that you can boot your system with the newly connected harddisk.

Probably this logic will not work because Even if the drive is healthy you aren't going to be able to boot from it on different hardware. What would you do with the data if you could access it? You can buy a USB adapter or enclosure or buy an adapter to connect the drive internally to a desktop. Any how connect will not solve your problem but it will also boot from the harddisk. Which is next to impossible but trying this would not harm you.

Thess solutions will not going to work for you because i think your harddisk is not compatible with other than Acer so try only in Acer products get your laptop repaired in the Acer service station and ask them no to format your harddisk unless required. This will get your laptop repaired and you will not have to loose your data as well.