Thread: Difference between Nintendo DS and Nintendo DS Lite?

Difference between Nintendo DS and Nintendo DS Lite?

Hi,

I would like to know, What is the difference between nintendo ds and nintendo ds lite and if the games are the same for both consoles. The problem is that I do not absolutely know this handheld console. And which one is better, Nintendo DS and Nintendo DS Lite?

Re: Difference between Nintendo DS and Nintendo DS Lite?

The DS Lite has an even better backlight with four different brightness levels. In addition to the DS you get a thicker and longer stylus you again in another hole sticks, so it still fits in your DS Lite. The rechargeable battery of the DS Lite is also another nine hours longer than the normal DS. Another advantage is that the DS Lite design is tighter, 20% lighter and has only 2 / 3 of the normal size of the DS. Small weakness is that the Game Boy Advance games on the DS Lite is a little bit sticking out, though he or another door that you close the gap when no GBA games in it.

The most striking feature of the DS, is without doubt the extra window. Expect not that developers do not control: it will be a rarity as thick short of your eyes and you do not know where to look. Thus the screen where no direct action occurs (often lower) as regular menu or map. Small is also the favorite use of altitude, so the two screens really an idea. With games like Brain Age is the intention for the DS 90 degrees tilt, so you as a booklet in your hands. You see it: you can in many directions with the two screens.

The Nintendo DS Lite is about 1cm flatter, shorter and narrower than the DS. The DS Lite has convinced me especially in the I-pod-like design, while the DS, I think somewhat clumsy and in comparison to the DS Lite almost works "clumsy" . The DS Lite is easy to handle, easier and of course it also fits better into the pocket.

Farther on, the game buttons have been changed. The buttons "Start" and "Select" are at the top right corner of the old DS game keys "A" "B" "X" "Y". In the new DS Lite, they are taking the game keys. In my opinion, an improvement since the buttons are easier to press ("Push-movements").
    In the DS is the "power button" (to turn on the DS) on the directional pad. In the DS Lite, there is a button, which is more of a slider on the side.

The wireless communications technology that is built into the Nintendo DS, it is possible for online gaming on your DS. At this moment do you use the Nintendo WiFi Connection. All you need is a wireless Internet connection or a so-called WiFi Hotspot (points where you can online gaming, distributed by Nintendo in various public places) and a game that supports it. There are already quite a few games released that you can play games online: Mario Kart DS, Metroid Prime Hunters, Tony Hawk's Sk8land and Animal Crossing: Wild World have so far four online games where you can go ahead.