Thread: CD rom gone missing

CD rom gone missing

Hi
    My cd rom has gone missing.

I believe it has something to do with an update.
    I am running xp pro on this desktop pc but both my laptops running vista had the same problem just recently after an update.
    Can anyone help?

Thanks

Re: CD rom gone missing

Hey, It could be possible that during the update process windows misses the driver installation of the CD ROM so go to the device manager and check for the yellow flag if it is showing yellow flag on the CD ROM then you have to install the driver for the same. Do the following process this will help you know about the problem of your CD ROM. Also troubleshoot your PC for the same. Thank you
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

I think the update is not installed properly or it has corrupted your system file. So please reinstall the updates and reboot your system. If you still face this problem then try to open your CPU and remove the CD ROM connector and reconnect it again. If you still have problems then just call the hardware professional and get your problem solved.

Check the Connecting cable of your CD ROM first. See if the CD ROM gets detected in the BIOS. Press Del when the PC is booting to enter into BIOS setup. Then go to advanced tab and check if the CD drive is detected on the port (IDE1 or 2 ) on which it is connected. If it is not detected then the problem is not with the windows update but with the CD drive itself. To troubleshoot check the power supply and the connecting cable of the CD drive.

Probably the issue could also relate with the supply unit that is been connected to the device. Replug the power unit of the desktop's cd rom drive and then install the driver for the same. This would sort the problem.