Thread: Error with wd1001fals Hard Disk

Error with wd1001fals Hard Disk

I have a strange problem, when i boot my system windows shows a screen that says the hard drive is fail. I have wd1001fals hard disk, When i rebooted, it said that the computer was unable to boot from the drive. Wondering if this is fixable or if the wd1001fals hard drive is bad and if i'll have to get a new one.

Re: Error with wd1001fals Hard Disk

This is usually a problem related to the wd1001fals hard disk(s) themselves; this may not mean that the hard disk is bad, but could mean incorrect cabling or another issue making it impossible to find the hard disk. The controller or interface to the hard disk could also be at fault.

Hard drive stores the entire data, once failure occurs, system cannot start up. In Windows, the boot partition is the hard disk partition that holds the Windows operating system and support files.If you have a wd1001fals drive with bad sectors, it is better to replace the drive than to try to fix it, especially if it is only 80GB. However, you should test the drive using the manufacturer's diagnostic utility.

There are many possibilities :The wd1001fals hard drive is not installed, is improperly connected or not switched on. Hard drive is not set in proper send mode or Hard drive is being used by another process.

Hard disk failure occurs when a wd1001fals hard disk drive malfunctions and the stored information cannot be accessed with a properly configured computer. Use Chkdsk, Chkdsk.exe is a command-line tool that checks volumes for problems. The tool then tries to repair any that it finds. For example, Chkdsk can repair problems related to bad sectors, lost clusters, cross-linked files, and directory errors.

The error messages indicate either damaged data or physical damage on the hard disk. Right-click the wd1001fals hard disk drive icon that you want to check, and then click Properties. Click the Tools tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check Now. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.To automatically repair problems with files and folders that the scan detects, select Automatically fix file system errors. Otherwise, the disk check will simply report problems but not fix them.