Thread: At every 1 minute interval the music slows for a second or two.

sad At every 1 minute interval the music slows for a second or two.

Hi
    I am running windows XP Pro on a 3.5CPU desktop with 2GB Ram.
    Problem is when I am playing music, at every 1 minute interval the music slows for a second or two.
    This problem only happens when I am connected to the internet.
    Last edited by sneekyhunter; 27-12-2009 at 06:33 AM.

Re: At every 1 minute interval the music slows for a second or two.

Are you using a Dual core processor? If yes then disable one of the processor while running the music application. To disable one of the processor follow these steps. First open the Music player which you use to play music--- Now open Task manager and Go to Processes Tab. This tab will contain all the current processes which are running on the computer, Now right click on the process of the Music player and select set affinity. Now remove the Check mark for any of the CPU and click on OK. Now try playing the song, hopefully it will not lag.

Quote Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
    Are you using a Dual core processor? If yes then disable one of the processor while running the music application. To disable one of the processor follow these steps. First open the Music player which you use to play music--- Now open Task manager and Go to Processes Tab. This tab will contain all the current processes which are running on the computer, Now right click on the process of the Music player and select set affinity. Now remove the Check mark for any of the CPU and click on OK. Now try playing the song, hopefully it will not lag.
    Hi thanks and i will try this shortly when i get home..
    No it is not duel processor.
    Why does this only hapen when connected to the internet?
    Thanks again..

The problem could be that the music player you are trying to use may be short of some required plugin and it needs to be installed. Due to which when you get connected to the internet the player stops responding for a while as it searches for the plugin or may not be able to install it well. Use some other player. Try for VLC latest version player.

Even I think that you need to download some latest plug-ins which is causing the lag in between the songs. Try to use the latest player while playing the songs. Are your songs playing smoothly when you are not connected to the Internet.??

Quote Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
    Even I think that you need to download some latest plug-ins which is causing the lag in between the songs. Try to use the latest player while playing the songs. Are your songs playing smoothly when you are not connected to the Internet.??
    The PC is not Duel but I did try the above mentioned affinity fix, No good

I tried the VLC latest version player. No good either and in fact more noticable.

All the songs play perfect when not connected to the internet on all players..

Hello,

I have the similar problem with my system. The problem got solved when I shifted from VLC player to RealOne player. The VLC player has too many loopholes and because of that you are not able to play music properly. I recommend you to download the RealOne player and install it on your system. And let me know if you still getting trouble while playing music or not.