Thread: Unable to change Network Printer Properties of HP Officejet Pro 8500..!

Unable to change Network Printer Properties of HP Officejet Pro 8500..!

I am having the HP Officejet Pro 8500 and I am not able to change the properties of that printer. Does anyone know how to change the properties of this printer?? Also I want to manage the print queue for this printer. I am having the Windows Vista as my operating system. Please help me..

Re: Unable to change Network Printer Properties of HP Officejet Pro 8500..!

The permission is required when you want to change the properties or manage the documents for the printer. Be sure that you are logging as an administrator. If you are logging as Guest or other user than Administrator, then you can't change properties of the printer and neither you can manage the documents for the printer. So try changing properties by logging as administrator.

For managing the printer or for print queue using an Administrator account, follow the steps :

1. First click on Start Button. And then go to Control Panel. In Control Panel click the Hardware and Sound and then click on Printers.
    2. Right-click the printer that you want to manage, click Run as administrator, and then click the option that you want to use. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

By doing this you will manage the Print Queue for your printer.

You can also do the changes by logging as Guest or other accounts. For doing these settings you will need to log as administrator initially. Open the printer properties by running as an administrator, click the Security tab, click your user name, and then, under Allow, select the Manage printers and Manage documents check boxes. After doing this you can change the printer properties and can manage all documents in the print queue without logging on as an administrator.

If you are not logging in as administrator then its good to follow the steps mentioned by the T.J. For doing these settings you will have to log as administrator. After these settings, even you log as other user then also you will able to make the changes.

Do the following simple thing for managing the documents for printer. Right-click the printer that you want to manage, click Run as administrator, and then click the option that you want to use. If there is any authentication for the administrator, then you will have to type the password.