Thread: Windows XP cannot recognize my Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet Printer!!

Windows XP cannot recognize my Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet Printer!!

I have bought Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet Printer. When I am trying to connect it to my system having Windows XP as its operating system it is not getting connected. I have even downloaded the drivers properly. Also I have installed the software that came along the printer. But then also when I try to connect, the Error message gets displayed stating "Device not Recognized". I am not able to spot where I went wrong.?! Can some one help me to fix this issue..??
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core @ ~2.2 GHz
    Memory: 1024MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 200 GB
    Video Card: RADEON X300/X550 Series

Re: Windows XP cannot recognize my Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet Printer!!

I think that the Drivers that you installed for Pixma MP500 was not exact the windows was looking for. That's why it is failing to recognize the device. Try to install the exact drivers for the Windows XP. If you install the drivers for same printer but having another OS selected, then it will not work on your OS.
    For Example : If you installed the driver for Pixma MP500, whose OS was Windows Vista. Then that drivers will not work on Windows XP.
    So before installing the drivers make sure that you are installing the drivers exact needed for your OS. By installing the correct drivers your problem will get fixed.

Re: Windows XP cannot recognize my Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet Printer!!

Even I think that you are not installing the proper drivers needed for your printer. While installing the new drivers for the printer make sure that you uninstall the older version of driver first. Because many times the drivers does not overwrite the existing version and there are chances of getting the same error again. Also I recommend you to check your USB cable. The "device cannot be recognized" error can come if your USB is defective. So try to change the USB cable and then check.

If you are having the Internet Connection, follow the steps to update your driver :

1. Right click on the "My Computer" icon located on desktop.
    2. Then select the Manage option.
    3. Then click on the Device Manager. In right side you will see the drivers installed for the printer.
    4. Right-click on the driver and select the option Update. Then select the option to update from the Internet.

Doing this your OS will search for the specific driver and download it for you. Later on you can start your printer.

I will like to tell you that first install the specific drivers for Canon Pixma MP500. Once you install the driver then install the software, that came along with your printer in CD. Don't connect the printer till now. When you start the installation of the software, it will ask you to connect the printer. Now you can connect the printer and follow the instructions shown on screen. By doing this proper way of installation of your printer, your printer might start without error.

Update the latest drivers for Windows XP. This problem generates mostly if you are not having the proper drivers for that device or that device has been damaged. As you say that you have bought recently that means, your device should be working properly (lets hope). Then there is issue in your drivers that you installed for printer.