Thread: Canon Pixma MP145 All-In-One Printer Issues.!!

Canon Pixma MP145 All-In-One Printer Issues.!!

I have bought Canon Pixma MP145 All-In-One Printer. I was working fine till yesterday. Now I am getting an Error 27 when I try to print some documents. Sometimes it gives error that the device not detected. I don't know what was the exact cause of this issue. Can any one help me sorting this issue.?? I am using the Windows XP as my operating system. Please help soon..
    Last edited by Beter 2 Burn Out; 24-12-2009 at 05:17 PM.
    AMD Sempron 2800+ @ 2Ghz
    Asus A7V8X-LA
    120Gb Seagate barracuda 7200Rpm Ultra-ATA 100
    Elixir 512mb DDR Pc3200 (Soon 1Gb)
    Club 3D Radeon 9600 256Mb
    Lite-On Cd & Dvd writer combo
    IDE-Dvd drive
    400w Psu
    Windows Xp Pro Sp2
    Advent Wireless Mouse & Keyboard.

Re: Canon Pixma MP145 All-In-One Printer Issues.!!

The Error 27 occurs when your waste ink absorber is full. Try to clean the holder and the cartridge itself. Also remove the excess inks, spills and some dirts, by using some soft cloth or the brush. Be careful while cleaning, so that there are no damage to the hardware part. Your issue will get solved after cleaning the excess spills of the Ink. I hope that you will not get the Error message again.

If cleaning doesn't solve your problem then try to reset the printer. Follow the steps to Reset your printer :

1. Turn off your printer then press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button.
    2. When the Power LED glows, press the Stop/Reset button twice while pressing and holding the Power button.
    3. After you release the Power Button and the Stop/ Reset button, your printer goes into a Service mode.
    4. When the on/off lights is in green, press the Stop/Reset button 4 times. The LED lights changes alternately in orange and green, each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed.
    5. Then Turn off your printer.
    6. After some time turn on your printer.
    7. If its unsuccessful repeat the above procedures until you get your desired result.

Hope resetting will help you.

I would recommend you to clean the excess inks, spills. Because after resetting there are chances of having other problem which are very difficult to troubleshoot. So don't try to reset the printer. You can also check the printer by using the other cartridges. Hope that cleaning the excess inks which is cause of the Error 27, will resolve your issue.

You have mentioned that sometimes you are getting the Error as hardware not detected. This can happen because of the Driver issue. Try to uninstall the old driver and install the latest driver for your printer that the Windows XP uses. You can download the latest driver from the internet. Once you download the driver you will not get the "Device not detected" error.

Try to follow the steps to reinstall the driver and the software.

1. First download the latest driver for your Pixma MP145 All-In-One Printer from the Internet, used for the OS Windows XP.
    2. Uninstall the existing driver of your printer. You can do this by going to the Device Manager.
    3. Once you uninstall the old driver, install the new driver that you downloaded. Don't connect your printer till now.
    4. Now install the software that you got with the printer.
    5. While installing it will ask for the printer to connect. Now you connect the printer. And then follow the instructions given on the screen.
    6. Doing this will solve your problem.