Thread: Problems of Epson 1250 Scanner..!!

Problems of Epson 1250 Scanner..!!

I was using the Epson Perfection 1250 Scanner for about six months properly. But now when I am trying to Scan something, I get a message saying that "scanner is being used by other program" or sometimes the message is "check connections". I even tried to reconnect the scanner but the problem is recurring. I also tried to reinstall the application for the Scanner several times, but that didn't worked. I am using the Windows XP as operating system. When I checked in device manager, it shows as Epson Perfection 1250 but under 'unknown' at the bottom of the list. When I do right click on its properties it says the device is working properly. I am not able to fix this issue.!! Can some one help me to fix this issue.??
    ~*~Silent~Kid~*~
    "To The World You May Be Just One Person, But To One Person You May Be The World"

Re: Problems of Epson 1250 Scanner..!!

According to me you are not installing the proper or updated drivers needed for the Epson 1250 Scanner. That's why it coming "unknown" at the bottom of the Device Manager. Try to install the proper drivers for the scanner of operating system Windows XP. I think installing the latest driver for the Scanner will resolve the issue.

Many times the driver that you get along with the Scanner doesn't work for your operating system. So download the latest driver from the internet for OS as Windows XP. Then uninstall the previous drivers and the software that you used for the Scanner. You can uninstall the drivers by going to the Device Manager, and right click on drivers of your scanner and select the option uninstall. Then Go to the Control Panel and remove the software that you installed for the scanner. Once you do this, first install the driver that you downloaded. (Do not plug the scanner now.!!!) Then install the software that came along with the scanner. While installing it will ask you to connect the device. Now you can connect scanner. And follow the instructions given on the screen. Hope you will able to use scanner properly now.

Even I think the problem that you are facing is because of the driver. Also check the cable that you are using to connect the Scanner and the system. Maybe that USB has defected due to which the system is not able to find the device. There is less possibility of happening this, but just give a try. I don't think that it is the software issue that came along the scanner. Try to change the USB cable and then scan, if it is not working then installing the latest drivers will solve the issue.

You can also try to install the driver manually. You said that you are getting the "unknown" option. Right click on that option and select the Update Driver and then select the "Install from list or specific location". Then browse to the .inf file which will be on CD. Hope this works.

If nothing is working for you then try to repair the operating system. This is the last option. Even I would recommend that first try to install the updated driver and doing that may solve your error. So then no need to repair the OS. If re-installing the driver and software doesn't help you then you give last try by repairing your OS. After repairing install the updated drivers and the software again. This time the Scanner should work.