Thread: HP OfficeJet 5600 Connection problem!!

HP OfficeJet 5600 Connection problem!!

I have purchased the HP OfficeJet 5600 All-in-One. I assembled the accessories properly that came with it. I printed a test paper. When I tried to install the printer by the installation disc that came along with the printer, my bad time started. Initially it seemed to worked fine. But when I gave the print command for document created in Microsoft Word, the message came that "Printing Cancelled". I didn't do anything while that document was printing. I have installed the drivers properly that came along with the printer. I am using the Windows XP as operating system, so installed the driver needed for XP. I even installed the HP software that came along with the printer. When I tried to check the Printer Status through HP software, it displayed "Printer Status: Disconnected". I really don't know what to do.?? Also I bought this three days before. Is there any device problem, so I can replace that. ? Please help me to sort this problem.
    Technology is a way of organizing the universe so that man doesn't have to experience it.-- Max Frisch 1911 -1991

Re: HP OfficeJet 5600 Connection problem!!

You have printed the demo page, that means your All-In-One is working properly. I think you did something wrong while installing. First remove all the applications and drivers that you installed for the OfficeJet 5600 printer. After doing this follow the steps for re-installation :

1. First install the driver that came with the printer. Don't forget to select the operating system as Windows XP.
    2. Then install the application that you got along printer (disc).
    3. While installing the application at a certain point it will ask you to connect the printer.
    4. Connect the printer now and click on Next.
    5. Follow the instructions given on the screen.
    6. Once you are completed with this, try to print or scan now.

Make sure that you are installing the driver first before attaching the printer. Then when you attach the printer, is there any pop up saying that New Device Found and Ready to Use. If this is coming then your OS has the correct driver of that printer. The message "Printer Status: Disconnected" is coming then there are chances of defective USB cable. Since the printer status is disconnected even it is connected and powered on, simply means that your OS is not able to detect the printer. Try to change the USB wire that connects the printer and the system.

Even I agree that there might be some issue in your USB cable. Because driver cannot cause such problem. If there was issue of driver then your printer would not have been detected. But your OS is detecting the printer but not able to print it out. Make sure that you are aligning the paper correctly in the paper tray. Also remove and then insert the Cartridges. Hope any of this method works.

I would like to suggest you to print without using the application. There is a button for print on the printer. Just press that button. You can do this while scanning some documents. So first scan some document and then give the command print. If you are getting the print properly of the scanned image, then your application was corrupted. You can download the same application from the HP's website.