Thread: Webcam not Working with Windows Vista..

Webcam not Working with Windows Vista..

I had recently bought a Logitech Quickcam pro 5000 web camera. I am not able to use it. I am using operating system Windows Vista. I have downloaded the drivers from the CD that came along the webcam. Also I installed the application that is required for the Webcam. After installing the software, the message pops up saying to connect the Cam via USB. When I insert USB nothing happens. The OS does not detect the Web Cam. Does anyone know how to isolate this error? Help me soon.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

Re: Webcam not Working with Windows Vista..

Lets do from the beginning. I think you might have went wrong while installing the Camera. Follow the steps :

1. First uninstall the camera.
    2. Download the latest version of drivers for your camera for Windows Vista.
    3. Before plugging the camera, start the install process of the latest driver that you have downloaded.
    4. Then also install the software that came along the Cam. This also should be done before plugging the cam.
    5. While installing the software, it will ask to attach the camera.
    6. Attach the camera and follow the instructions as on the screen.

This will surely help you.

You can go to Device Manager and check whether the drivers of Quickcam pro 5000 Web Cam are installed properly. You can check it under the Universal Serial Bus Controller. If it is showing the name of your web cam then the drivers are properly installed. And if it is showing the Unknown Device under USB Controller then the drivers are not installed properly. Then you will have to install the Drivers first.

Hii... DANIEL 602. Are you sure that your Web Cam is compatible with the Operating System Windows Vista. Many web cam are not compatible with the Windows Vista. So there are some issues with that OS. Try to connect your web cam to other OS (Windows XP). If it is working with that then there is compatibility issue. Try to install the updated driver.

If reinstalling is not helping you out then try to delete all USB hubs and controllers in safe mode. While starting your machine keep pressing F8 that will take you to the Safe Mode. Once entered into safe mode go in device manager and delete all your USB hubs and controllers. (Do this only if you are having enough knowledge) Then re-install the USB hubs and controllers. After doing this try to reinstall the drivers and software. May be this time it will work.

Try to update the driver for your web cam. Even updating the drivers won't work then I have doubt of compatibility of your Web Cam on Windows Vista. Also check the manual for the compatibility of that OS. If it is compatible than updating driver will solve the problem, otherwise you will have to replace your web cam. (or change the OS)