Thread: HP ScanJet 4200C Connecting Issue ??

HP ScanJet 4200C Connecting Issue ??

I am having the HP's FlatBed ScanJet 4200C. I was using it at my home where the operating system was Windows XP. The scanner had an USB connection to connect the PC. It was working properly with my system. Later when I transferred it to my office it started giving problem. I have installed the everything that I did in my home. Then also my system is unable to detect the Scanner. I have installed the Drivers and software that are required for the Scanner, but the problem is still coming. I am having the Windows XP at the office. When I try to install the scanner software I get an error message saying that no scanner is connected. Please help me out..!!
    IF you hate me, please don't mention it. I know who hates me and who doesn't. You really do not have to make fun of people....

Re: HP ScanJet 4200C Connecting Issue ??

Are you sure that the drivers you are installing for the ScanJet 4200C are of updated version. Also try to download the driver for your scanner from the HP site. Don't forget to download the drivers for the Windows XP. Once you download then install that driver in your system. Before doing this remove the drivers that are already present in your system. Otherwise installing the new one may not work. Follow the correct procedure while installing the driver.

After installing the driver go and check the Device Manger that the drivers are properly installed. If it is installed properly then you can install the software for that scanner from the CD that you got along with your printer. If it is showing the yellow question mark in Device Manger, then your drivers are not properly installed due to which the OS is not able to recognize the Scanner. Then try to install drivers first.

Many times the driver get loaded properly. The software that is required by scanner is not properly installed. You mentioned that the error is coming when you are trying to install the scanner software. I would like to tell that try to install the software from the internet. May be some files are corrupted on your CD, so the problem is arising. I hope that when you download the software needed for the Scanner, the problem will get fixed.

Also try to check the USB cable that you are using to connect the scanner to your system. Maybe there is some damage in that cable so it is giving "no scanner is connected" error. Make sure that the Power Led is glowing. Then try to connect the scanner using some other USB cable. If the problem is still persisting then you are having the software problem. Your scanner is absolutely fine and you need to install the updated drivers.

If your scanner is working properly and you want to install the latest driver for your scanner, then follow the steps : (Internet Connection is needed)

1. Right click on the "My Computer" icon placed on the desktop.
    2. Go to the Device Management and select the Device Manager.
    3. Once you enter the Device Manager, you will see installed driver for your Scanner at the right side.
    4. Right click on that device, and click on option update from Internet.

By doing this the OS will search for the appropriate driver on the web. And then you can use your scanner.