Thread: PS3 VGA cable issue

PS3 VGA cable issue

Recently i had bought a new VGA to HDMI cable with the intent to hook up my PS3 to a PC monitor. My PC monitor reads the TV, it knows it's plugged into something, but when I switch to my HDMI input I get NO SIGNAL. Now after this I test the reception, this should now cause the PS3 to stop working on the tv and show up on the monitor. Can anybody tell me that why i'm having PS3 VGA cable issue? Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with the set up? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above issue. Thanks.

Re: PS3 VGA cable issue

Just know that it doesn't support audio. And the main point to this item is the VGA adapter. Red,green,blue wires can be found on any component cable setup. A set's native resolution is the resolution that it displays on the screen. It's nothing more than a security feature requiring compatibility between the sender and receiver, like HD cable set-top box and the TV. By compatibility, I mean HDCP technology built into both devices." HDTVs typically only have one or two "native" resolutions.

HDCP only applies to HDMI in the case of the PS3. Yeah the DVI to VGA adapters need to remove HDCP for it to work and they cost upwards of a hundred dollars. So this was the cheapest option. If they use an analog input (composite or component) it should still work. There will probably be some third party efforts. I can say that MS did a great job with VGA support. I'm hoping Sony can do the same. This means that sometimes, the HDTV must "scale" the resolution you input in order to display it.

Component to VGA cables only work if the display can accept a component input via VGA. There are some asian video devices that use a HDMI socket in a non standard way , this cable may be meant for such devices , it is highly unlikely to work with a PS3. PS3 display output settings can be set to 1080i only. Just make sure that 720P and 1080P are unticked.

Make sure you are sending a resolution that the TV will accept. With HD game consoles, VGA is a must. As many people who dont have HD TVS can utilize a monitor for higher resolution. I suspect that you are sending 1080p and the TV will only accept 1080i over the interface you are using. Lack of VGA support would be a grand oversight. Check your TV user manual to find out what resolutions it will accept over each interface.