Thread: Keyboard problems - Missing letters when typing!!

Keyboard problems - Missing letters when typing!!

I have started facing some Keyboard issues recently. While typing on the keyboard, sometimes the letters get missed out. This happens many times with letter "s"and "v". These two letters normally get missed out while typing. There is no pattern to the error. I am using the Windows XP as my operating system. And I don't think that there is any issue with OS. Now I am using friend's keyboard and I have to give him back. Please help me to sort this problem.

Re: Keyboard problems - Missing letters when typing!!

If you are using the Wireless Keyboard, then try to change the Batteries. Many times when the Batteries get weak this type of keyboard issues while typing occurs. So try to insert new batteries and check whether the problem is recurring. If it is coming again then it is the Hardware fault.

This can happen because of the Virus. There are some virus or spyware that are the causes of this issue. So I would like to suggest you to scan your system using the updated Anti Virus. Once the Virus gets removed that are causing this issue than problem will get fixed up. Don't forget that your Anti Virus should me latest with proper updates.

Simple way to check that your Keyboard is working properly, by connecting to some other system. If the same problem is coming that means there is an Keyboard issue and you will have to change the keyboard. And if your keyboard is working properly on another system that means there is fault in your system. Then try to scan your machine with the Anti Virus. Doing this will exactly know you what was the issue and you can troubleshoot that.

I was having the similar issue. Many words were getting missed while typing. Also some letters keeps on repeating without pressing any button. I scanned my machine but the problem was coming again. Lastly I came to know that my PS2 port was having some issue, that was leading to missed and repeated letters on the keyboard. Hope that you are not having any PS2 issues because then you will have to fix your motherboard.

I liked the way Killen explained. By doing this you can easily rectify your problem. Instead of trying lot other things that may not be useful doing, you can directly check your keyboard by using it to another system. This will save your time and keep you out of doing the unnecessary things. So I recommend you to do this thing first before trying the other.