Thread: HTPC Audio Sync Issues on Windows 7

HTPC Audio Sync Issues on Windows 7

I'm running Windows 7 with a core 2 Duo 2.93ghz CPU along with having 4gb memory. I also have a Sony 46inch TV. I am having an issue with audio and video on my system. However in WMC they will not play. I can see the Icons and they show the splash screen but when I try to play them the screen just looks the the default WMC background. My videos play fine and smoothly at first but after 30 minutes of playback the screen becomes pixelated for about 3 seconds or so, and the audio slowly becomes unsynced from the video. I can see the lips moving but audio delayed. Can any one tell me that why i'm having HTPC audio sync issues on Windows 7? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: HTPC Audio Sync Issues on Windows 7

Which program are you using to rip them? If you Stop/Pause the Video, and resume it does the problem resolve itself? Do you have current W7 drivers for Video and Sound? If you are using WPM-HC make sure you have ac3filter as the preferred audio filter and uncheck all the rest of the garbage that may be getting in its way.

Try running the audio path as neatly as you can to your AVR, i.e. a single toslink or digital co-ax cable. Use a restore point? Windows 7 holds a lot of restore points by default and it is pretty easy to use. Then, when you notice problems via your TV connection, switch over. If the problem, disappears, you'll know the Popcorn Hour/file aren't the problem.

Try a clean windows install on a spare drive and see if things improve. Make sure you are using the latest version of fraps. You can also try changing the sound device or set it to record from windows input, just to see if that fixes the problem. Its possible your CPU isn't fast enough to play the movies while running everything installed on your OS.

One of the major divisions between all tuner devices is whether they are "Hardware encoders" or not. The "Application Data" directory is a hidden folder. To "see" the hidden folders click on: Tools --> Folder Options then click the tab labeled View and select Show hidden files and folders. In a Hardware Encoder setup, the tuner device compresses the video / audio source before sending the it to Beyond TV.

What software or codecs are you using on your Windows 7? Using hardware encoders enables the multiple tuner capability of Beyond TV 3.5 and later. I run Anydvd and then DVDD (turning off "check for structual protection" in the settings section. Switch ti IFO mode. Access the Settings, click on the IFO Mode tab, and make sure that both options in the File Names section are checked. When using a hardware encoder, your choice of recording formats is limited to what the device can output. The vast majority of hardware encoders can only record to the MPEG-2 format.