Thread: "Unknown Base System Device" in Device Manager

"Unknown Base System Device" in Device Manager

Hi,

I have a laptop with Vista Business x64 which in principle not a hassle. I have all the drivers installed and updated, but when I go to device manager, the OS is obstinate in denying this claim, since in the section "Other devices" shows me a yellow icon with an exclamation the text "Unknown System Based Device". Does anyone could give me an idea / suggestion / trick on this?

Re: "Unknown Base System Device" in Device Manager

To resolve "Unknown Base System Device" in Device Manager, right click on the device, properties, and This will identify your devices. In particular, the Hardware-ID which is precisely the string identifier for that hardware.

After you install or reinstall Microsoft Windows you can find one, two, three or more base system devices under Device Manager in Windows. This happens when the drivers for the card reader on your laptop or computer is not properly installed. To correct this problem or find the drivers on the driver CD or software that came with your computer or visit the website of computer manufacturers and locate drivers for your computer card reader. Many manufacturers, a list of these drivers on the removable media and / or section of the chipset.

I think "Unknown System Based Device" can mean several things. Most times it is referring to a driver needs for a smart card reader on your pc. I'm not sure why, when the driver is not for those who will like that, but almost always the driver located. Go to the factory site and try to download the driver for your smart card (if any).