Thread: Getting Error Oxc19a0020 while using HP Photosmart C7280 printer

Getting Error Oxc19a0020 while using HP Photosmart C7280 printer

I have been using the HP Photosmart C7280 printer for a year now it was working fine. Recently i replaced the old cartridges with the new original cartridges and now suddenly when the print command is given, it gives an error message saying "Error: Oxc19a0020 Link system failure". I tried to replace the new cartridges with the previous one but still it gives same error. I am using Windows Xp as an operating system on my computer. Is this because of some driver conflict? Desperately need help

Re: Getting Error Oxc19a0020 while using HP Photosmart C7280 printer

Probably this error can be because of some driver conflict. Have you tried to update the drivers before the problem started? Go to device manager and if there is some caution sign near the installed printer. Right click on the printer and select properties. Now check the status of the device. If you have tried to update the drivers before then there is an option to roll back the drivers. Roll back the drivers and check if the printer is working or not after restarting the system.

The HP printer you are using can be connected to computer in different ways by using a high speed USB cable or by using 100baseT ethernet cable. This error occurs mostly when the printer is shared over lan and when the link to it fails. As i dont know which interface you are using to connect the printer, i would suggest you to look for any defects with the cable connecting it to the computer. Replacing the cable if any defects are found is the best solution for your problem.

Check the port to which the printer is connected. If the printer is connected to the computer using a USB cable then try changing the port to which it is connected and check the performance also check the status of all USB ports and controllers in the device manager. If the printer is connected using a Ethernet cable, then check if the NIC is working properly. Make sure that the LAN settings are configured properly.

Error: Oxc19a0020 does not corresponds to the failure of link connected to system but it tells that the printer is not able to access the cartridges. To solve this problem, Remove the Cartridges and clean the connecting area on the printer with a clean cloth and alcohol. Also clean the connecting surfaces on the cartridges with a dry cloth. Once cleaned put the cartridges back into its place and then try printing any document. The printer will not give that error again.

Uninstall the currently installed drivers of the printer from the system. Now restart the system and wait till it starts. Keep the printer off till the booting process is complete. Once the windows is up and running, turn on the printer. Let the system detect it and install the drivers on its own. After installing the drivers again, reboot the system this time with printer on. When the reboot is complete try printing a test document. It should work without any problems.