Thread: Corsair Flash Voyager GT 16GB not recognized

Corsair Flash Voyager GT 16GB not recognized

I am running windows vista on my dell laptop, whenever i connect my Corsair Flash Voyager GT 16GB usb drive windows says " USB Device Not Recognized". I have tried to reconnect it tow to three times but it shows the same error. Is this related to windows or any problem with my Corsair Flash Voyager GT 16GB usb drive. Do i need to format usb drive?

Re: Corsair Flash Voyager GT 16GB not recognized

The motherboard is where all of hardware of the computer is connected to, including the USB ports. Sometimes the motherboard needs to be “rebooted” also because something can go wrong, in your case Corsair Flash Voyager GT 16GB USB Flash Drive stopped working. To solve the problem turn off your computer using Shut Down or pressing the power button and then UNPLUG it from the wall outlet. Let it sit for about a minute and then plug it back in.

Firstly, it's recommended that you make sure each drivers of your motherboard are completely up-to-date, but you probably already knew that. USB damaged devices & physical damage such as USB device problem issues arise where parts are broken off USB storage drives. In XP, after a USB port isn't used for a long while the USB driver built into the OS sets the OHCI controller to suspend.

You may also see in Device Manager that the device shows up as an “Unknown Device”. Use Device Manager to scan for hardware changes. After your computer scans for hardware changes, it might recognize the flash voyager gt 16gb USB device that is connected to the USB port so that you can use the device.

Unplug the flash voyager gt 16gb USB device. It is possible that the connection is not secure and has become loose. This is one of the most common reasons for an error in detecting a USB device. Sometimes, simply unplugging the USB device and turning off the computer for twenty minutes and then restarting may solve the issue.

For XP this drive shouldn't need a vendor-specific driver. Remove the flash voyager gt 16gb and replug it into your USB port. If it does, then your drive might work after reinstall. if it doesn't, that might mean your driver or system resource allocation have problem. go to device manager and see if you have a conflict (a yellow diamond with black exclamation mark in it) under "Universal Serial Ports".