Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-12-2009

Alternative to HP Software

I have an All-in-One HP Printer (C6250) operating on Windows XP Home.

The provided software (and even the downloadable software) to operate the printer is so massive and so invasive of my system that it just makes my computer go crazy. I think about 4 different programs get stuffed into my machine when I install the drivers, among which, of course, is one directing me to where I can buy inkjet cartridges at premium prices.

Basically, I HATE HP's software and am looking to see if there might be some other (possibly) 3rd party software which will drive my printer.
Old 19-12-2009

Re: Alternative to HP Software

I installed the HP scanning software for that operating system and the Scanjet G4010 works great. Have you tried Image Capture? It lives in your Applications folder and probably supports your HP. It will likely start a preview scan on startup.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , ,