Thread: A good computer gamepad,please suggest some.

A good computer gamepad,please suggest some.

I am looking for a gamepad for my computer. I would select the wired Xbox 360 controller but i don't have too much interest in the D-pads. I mostly want to use it for emulated games. I would have preferred a wired dpad to a wireless dpad if i actually wanted one as i don't have a good experience with the wireless controller batteries in the past but the wireless dpads are bad when it comes to gaming/playing on the computer anyways.I am looking for a gamepad for 30$ or less if possible. please help
    Last edited by Garrett; 18-12-2009 at 07:59 PM.

Re: A good computer gamepad,please suggest some.

I have been playing the emulating games for a while now and would like to share some of my controller experiences with you. I had kept cost as an issue while choosing one. I have been using a PS1 controller and a USB adapter for a long time now. These will cost you less than or around 5$. If you are willing to spend a bit more and are interested in emulating arcade games then you will find that a Street Fighter IV arcade stick is pretty much the best around.

I would suggest to you a Nintendo 64 / Playstation 2 to PC USB Controller Adapter where in you can use the N64 controller on your computer. The advantage is that it works fantastically well with both PS and N64. The reason i like it is because it makes the game feel very much real and genuine when you are emulating. When PSX2 began to become fully functional i tried mine ps2 controller with it and it worked fine. You should get this controller on ebay and such sites for less than 5$ or around it in my opinion.

I disagree with what the above poster has said. I will give you my reasons for it. The N64 adapter mentioned by the user has a defect which makes it unworkable with many first part N64 controllers. I bought a brand new Nintendo manufactured controller along with the above mentioned adapter only to find later it doesn't work. Many misinforming distributors are selling the above mentioned adapters as the adaptoid or the actual adapter which we are supposed to use with the controllers. This is just a way to get some easy sales by distributing it to misinformed or innocent customers on ebay.

I use my PS2/1 controller most of the time for emulation and it has been working very well for me and am quite happy with it. If you computer has bluetooth support then you can try and get a Wiimote to work for you. You can also can get a virtual console controller to work for you as well in that case. That basically is a super Nintendo entertainment system controller. You could also use a 2in1 NES,SNES adapter which connects to your pc via an usb adaptor and allows you to use actual NES/SNES controllers as well. Haven't exactly tried these so don't know how well these work actually.

Hey guys thanks a lot for all your replies and comments/suggestions. I finally decided to go for a wired 360 controller after my brother told me it isn't that bad,rather its D-pad isn't that bad. I will also be getting a SF4 fightpad soon. It has 6 buttons , good dpad and shoulders too from what i saw.