Thread: How to reset Motorola Surfboard SBG900 Modem

How to reset Motorola Surfboard SBG900 Modem

Hi,

I am using internet connection through Motorola Surfboard SBG900 Modem on my PC. I am using Windows 7 as operating system. When my hardware engineer set it up, he set it as WEP security. Well I wanted to change it to WPA so I went in to the modem properties and changed it. Then I couldn't connect to the network at all. So I tried another hard reset and I can't get the modem back to default settings i.e., no security for me to connect to it. So how can i reset as factory setting.thanks for any reply.

Reset Motorola Surfboard SBG900 Modem by push button on back.

You should to reset the Motorola Surfboard SBG900 Modem. For this you need to push in and hold the reset button on back of the Motorola Surfboard SBG900 Modem for 20-30 sec. Then you need to wait and let the lights on the front come back on and stabilize. If any problem after that process please reply.

Check the same modem to another system.

There is also one another process is if above is not working. Just connect one of your computers to the modem by Ethernet cable and go in that way and check the modem properties. May be it will work on that another computer then you want to check the properties of modem in that system and match the properties by your windows 7 PC.

Manually install driversfor Motorola Surfboard SBG900 Modem

Can you check your Motorola Surfboard SBG900 Modem with Hardware manual that will come with modem. It have all the information and troubleshoot of WPA security regarding errors. You may also check that the operating system Windows 7 have drivers for Motorola Surfboard SBG900 Modem or not. You install manually the drivers and check that. If found any issue reply me.

WPA security reset in Motorola Surfboard SBG900 Modem

Open the security tab on modem properties and select reset security defaults. Then select WPA for security mode then put PSK passphrase at the bottom right of the page. I must be in 8-64 Char.It can be either in number or letter or combo. then save the change in modem properties and reboot the system. If you found any issue reply.

Reboot for reset Motorola Surfboard SBG900 Modem

Can you tell me you using Motorola Surfboard SBG900 Modem by cable or wireless. If you try to do connection wireless, you will lose connection after you select wpa security, without having a chance to input a passphrase, locking you out. So check the security WPA fro that and for restore factory setting , you need to go back on that modem and check there will be button, just push that button on 15-20 sec and reboot the modem. It will help you.