Thread: Suggestion for entry level HTPC

Suggestion for entry level HTPC

I want to build my on HTPC. I have see many system configurations but they are not satisfying. In some case the processor is costly and in some case the Optical drive. I want an entry level HTPC only for my Home network. I don't want a heavy HTPc configuration with great speakers, hardware, etc. According to you what can be most entry level and less costly hardware for HTPC

Re: Suggestion for entry level HTPC

I will advice to add Antec NSK2480 to your HTPC if you are really going for it. The NSK2480 is not really a HTPC case, but a desktop box. Its sleek design and at a affordable price with quality food included (a Eartwatts 380W) are still in a range of entry level that is needed. It full fills requirement of HTPC systems and quiet easy to configure.

There are many types of motherboard for Home Theater Personal Computer (HTPC). A small motherboard that does not look, but offers everything one would expect from a model first prize. Based around the AMD 740G + couple SB710, it accepts all AM2 and AM3 processors AMD uses DDR2 still cheaper than DDR3, has an integrated video chipset with VGA, DVI and HDMI, and a PCIe 2.0 16x actually wired to accommodate if you want a graphics card.

If you go for a nice, faster and efficient processor then AMD is the good choice. Because the same configuration is costly in intel. Considerably less expensive than the X2 250 and 245 while having only 200 and 100MHz respectively under the Athlon X2 II 240 is an excellent choice in its current range of prices A price / performance ratio rather exceptional.

I my HTPC the two things which gave me more satisfaction is my RAM and hard drive. Corsair 1GB DDR2 PC5300 C5 is a classic, findable everywhere, guaranteed for 10 years and though cost effective. In the storage part I trust samsungs 500GB drive. It is one of the best discs of the moment with the Samsung F3, with a single 500GB platter, and yet offered at low prices.

It is must that you should have a optical drive. In traditional way you get a DVD RW but go for Blue Ray. If not then A quick drive (up to 22x), not too noisy, widely distributed, and less costly. AVerMedia AVerTV Volar Black HD is a small USB tuner TNT in simple but effective, highly appreciated by those who have tried. A must get product for HTPC.