Thread: AMD Athlon gets heated when Overclocked

AMD Athlon gets heated when Overclocked

My friend has overclocked his processor to play a game. It works great on this computer system. I have Spider Man 3 video game. To play I want to overclock my AMD processor so that it can perform better. But when I did it get heated fast. What are the basic things to be considered while doing overclocking. This was the first time I was trying on my Windows system by RivaTuner.

Re: Overclocking is the act of running an electronic element

The Overclocking is the act of running an electronic element to a greater frequency than that provided by the manufacturer. This method applies primarily to processors but it is also possible to overclock other components such as graphics cards. The Overclocking is simply to increase the speed of the component, so the performance of your machine at a lower cost. But this includes great risky. You must have good processor and cooling services in your computer.

When you overclock your CPU

When you overclock your CPU, it does operate at a frequency greater than that provided by the manufacturer, so that the CPU temperature increases. There is no risk to fry your processor if you take precautions, like cooling and time limit. After setting your processor and motherboard, when you turn on your machine there can be a blank screen possibility, If this happens then try to return to your old configuration from the bios.

Re: AMD Athlon gets heated when Overclocked

Many time after overclocking your PC starts but freezes or displays error messages after a certain period of time. Try to restart and if it it still does not work, simply return to your old configuration. Overclocking puts tremendous pressure on your system. It is recommended for only those processors which are built for it.

There are two factors determine the speed of your CPU first the speed bus that connects to the rest of the system, and the multiplier applied to this bus speed. Thus, the Athlon 64 runs at 2.0 GHz in 10x200 MHz. Generally, on modern processors the multiplier can be increased, and it will therefore play on the main bus speed. This is not a problem either, especially as opposed to what happened before the other frequencies are generally independent. When increasing the CPU bus frequency, so this could cause problems.

Today, all modern chip-sets comes with good configuration. It has a increased bus speed processor while maintaining speeds of AGP and PCI bus independent. So they are less prone to damage as compare to others. Better read a guide on overclocking before performing if you are new in it. It will be helpful to you.