Thread: Logitech MX900 mouse not recognized

Logitech MX900 mouse not recognized

I have a computer with an Intel p45 motherboard. When i start my computer with Windows xp , the logitech mx 900 mouse is not recognized. I've checked the BIOS and cannot find a configuration setting that would affect the logitech mx 900 mouse. Is this virus issue or any hardware problem.

Re: Logitech MX900 mouse not recognized

Did you check the status in Hardware Device Manager, under Control Panel, System? Control Panel > Systems > Hardware > Device Manager. In Device Manger window go to the View menu and select Show hidden devices. If so what did it show? . Did you add or remove other hardware (including USB devices) just before the failure first occurred?

Go for system restore if you have xp pro and it would start working again. System Restore does not affect personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos. You can only restore files that you have deleted if you have made backups of those files. When you open device manager if you see yellow exclamation mark then it's related to the driver issue.

If the logitech mx 900 device was not listed in the Device Manager, and none of the previous troubleshooting tips fixed the problem, it may be necessary to disconnect all USB devices. Once all the USB Root Hubs have been uninstalled, click the Scan for hardware changes button in the Device Manager taskbar. Windows Vista will scan your system and install default drivers to replace the ones you had just deleted.

Disable the USB ports and enabled them again, reinstalled logitech mx 900 mouse drivers, restart the computer, scanned hardware for changes, if that didn't solve the problem then boot into Safe Mode and uninstall that software or roll back the changes using System Restore.