Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2009

Flash Card Reader Help Needed

I have a all in one card reader. My problem is that I have never used the Flash memory slot. I find that it fits OK when inserted, but I am worried that if I push the card all the way home in the slot I will not be able to get it out again. IE, once its in it is flush to the fascia of the reader, there seems no way to pull it out again. Do flash readers "AUTO EJECT" once they have finished reading. I am worried that if I push the card HOME I may not be able to get it out again. Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by tezatskeg : 12-12-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 13-12-2009

Re: Flash Card Reader Help Needed

Can you tell me what model of all in one card reader you have used and where you have connected i mean in laptop or Pc or it is already built in card reader of laptop. Most of external card reader is come with with USB slot and it put up on USB port on the Laptop or PC. Internal card reader that is come with laptop have a specification like SD ,mini SD card,micro SD etc. So there will be a special panel built in laptop for fit this card and easy to remove by push up.
Old 13-12-2009

A software Downloader Pro has an ability to soft eject for the flash card reader when exit. There is an automatic setting in downloader Pro preferences to download data and after download it exits automatically. There is no any problem of safe removal when downloads data from memory card via usb cable. It works on windows XP an higher versions of operating system.
Old 13-12-2009

I would be suggesting you to take a backup of your important files from the flash card. As it may get corrupt anytime. Even it does not get corrupted, it is a better and safest way to deal with your flash card. Once you took backup of your flash card then you can access your data from that backup also which will be on your hard drive. And you would be having an another chance to have a look to your flash card data always.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , ,