Thread: Printer Spool Errors

Printer Spool Errors

Initially I was getting the Printer Spool Error Message. Whenever I tried to take out the printouts I am getting an error of printer spool. The error stats that : "The print spooler was unable to connect to your printer. This can be caused by your printer being turned off, the cable being unplugged". I am using the Lexmark Printer. Sometimes I get this message even when I try to add the printer and my operating system is Windows XP. Does anyone know how to isolate this error.?? Suggestions would be appreciated..!!
    Last edited by kyosang; 11-12-2009 at 06:38 PM.
    "When they give you ruled paper, write the other way..." J.R.J.

Re: Printer Spool Errors

Printer Spool Errors causes mainly because of C:\WINDOWS\SPOOL (default path) folder becoming too full or unable to accept new data. If you are getting this error while taking the print outs make sure that the "Spool" folder in the "Windows" folder is not having any old print outs. Also the another cause can be disabling the spooler in the printer driver properties. To change the settings Click on Start, then Settings and select the Printer option. After going in printer option, click on File and then Properties. In properties click on Details and select the spool settings. Enable the Print Directly To Printer check box.
    Last edited by Hardwareman; 11-12-2009 at 06:22 PM.

The error of Printer Spool may occur because of another printer driver (third-party) is already installed in your system and is affecting the functionality of a newly installed printer. Now, you are using the Lexmark printer make sure that there is no another printer (or printer driver) already installed in your system. Since you are using the Lexmark printer follow the steps :

1. Right click on My Computer icon (desktop) and then click manage.
    2. Select the Services and Applications, and then select the service tab.
    3. In the details pane you will see the LexBce Server. right click on that and then select the properties.
    4. In the Startup type list presented on General tab click on the disable option.
    5. In Service status, click on stop and click on OK.
    6. Right click the Print Spooler service, and click on start. (if stopped)

After finishing these steps you can close the computer management window. Now your error should be isolated.

You will have to do some settings in the Registry. To do this, click on Start, click Run, type regedit and then OK to run the Registry Editor. There you will find the LexBce Server service. You can delete this registry by deleting the following registry key :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LexBces
    Make sure that the Print Spooler service is only dependent on the RPC.
    You can exit the registry editor. Now the print spooler service needs to be restarted. Type net stop spooler in the run dialog box (start >> run) and click OK. The again start the run and type net start spooler and click on OK. Hope your problem gets solved doing this.

Sometimes the executable file of the spool printer gets affected by the virus infection or some other malwares. Many times the trojan, worm, etc which are virus can affect the spoolsv.exe which is located in the Windows\System 32 folder. Once the spoolsv.exe gets infected you cannot start the spool service, which will generate the spool error. So I would like to suggest you before doing some major things try to scan your system by updated anti virus. If anti virus clears the virus without infecting the spoolsv.exe you can run printer without error. After getting spoolsv.exe corrupted try to reinstall your printer. This will sort out your problem.