Thread: How to check systems temperature

How to check systems temperature

I think my computer is getting overheated frequently. I am not sure but sometime my system get stuck in between and restarts. I opened the case and found the CPU get over heated even their is a fan in it. What are the different types of software available to check the temperature of the system. I also need the installation procedure.

Re: How to check systems temperature

Hddtemp can monitor the temperature of your hard drive. First Download hddtemp. It is easy to install it. You can just double click on the setup except the license and then follow the wizard. The installer asks you which folder you want to install the firewall, if you want to change the default path, click the Browse button to select another. Everyone, every user can run the software if you want it to be just your user, select Just Me. Click the Next button below to proceed to next step.

HDDtemp is a type of software which helps you to track the temperature of your hard drive. To Launch hddtemp, click the Start menu then All Programs. Click on HDD Temperature. You then get the interface, the General tab allows you, choose language (top right), unit of measurement or Fahreneit Celsius (below left), the interval between which the temperature been checked (bottom right), Warning on overheat, etc.

Speed Fan is a utility that allows to know the temperature of his processor and adjust the fan speed (this can reduce the noise). Run the setup. You can select what to install, it is advisable to leave any box, click the Next button to proceed to the next step. In the section above, you can view using the computer processor (CPU Usage). Below, you get the fan speed in RPM (revolutions per minute). At right, the temperature of the CPU and hard disk (HD) - This requires a configuration as Speed Fan shows more often than temperature sensors as the motherboard, for example, temp3 here does nothing. From the Configure button, you can configure the sensors.

cool buddy Guest

use speecy