Thread: Suitable amplifier for home theater system

Suitable amplifier for home theater system

I had finished up setting a home theater system. The system is ready and functioning well. But I am using a old amplifier for the extra speakers. I am going to get a new one but did not understand that which type of amplifier is best suited for my need. For what features and support should I check for an amplifier. There are many models some are costly and some are cheap. But among them what qualities should I check.

Re: Suitable amplifier for home theater system

The amplifier is an essential element of home theater systems. It was he who was responsible for the specialization of sound. Many devices can be connected to him and, as a DVD or CD, console, a demodulator digital television, computer, etc.. The quality of the amplifier is essential, since it is the latter which is responsible for sending the audio to the speakers. Some high-end loudspeakers are absolutely useless if it does not issue them a quality signal. The choice of an amplifier is not easy because there are many standards on both the encoding connectivity. In addition, small details like quality cables can make a difference in sound quality delivered.

The audio tracks on a DVD are compressed to minimize the volume they occupy, and it is up to the task of the amplifier decompress and decode the signals for transmission to the speakers. It has 6 channels, corresponding to 5 speakers (two front, two surround, and center) and a subwoofer, with a specific signal for each channel. DTS: a principle similar to Dolby Digital, it provides a superior audio quality with much less compression.DTS ES: a channel corresponding to a rear center speaker is added. However, it is generally not a full channel, but a mix between the two surround channels.

It is, after decoding, the most important point in choosing your amplifier. The rear of an amplifier is filled with input and output audio and video and will need to focus on certain types of connections based devices that you want to plug into your amp. CAR: inputs and analog outputs (red and white) that deliver stereo sound. Optics: a digital connection capable of making transit a signal of 6 channels or more. Coaxial: Similar to optics, this connection uses a normal cable instead of an optical fiber. The debate is keen to know which offer the best output quality, but the differences are almost imperceptible in practice.

Calculated in Watts RMS, it indicates the signal strength of the audio amplifier is able to send pregnant, and therefore the maximum volume. Measurements of builders are far from being reliable (with exceptions), and There should attach a great importance on, especially since it is usually pregnant in the first reach their limits. Some amplifiers are equipped with additional features that can make a difference. The OSD (menu screen): it can adjust more easily and more comfortably all the amp settings. On some amps very high end, this display is directly through an LCD screen.