Thread: Ethernet problem in DELL Inspiron 1500 laptop

Ethernet problem in DELL Inspiron 1500 laptop

I am having the new Dell Inspiron 1500 laptop. I have bought it last week only. But this Dell Inspiron laptop does not have the driver for Ethernet installed in it. Or else i do not know how it works. Because after the start-up the windows shows New hardware found and windows try to install the drivers and it shows that windows not able to find the driver software. The model number of the LAN is Ethernet PCI Broadcom 100/10 Ethernet. How can i install the drivers for my LAN card for accessing Internet?

Re: Ethernet problem in DELL Inspiron 1500 laptop

You are having the new Dell Inspiron 1500 laptop. This laptop is not having the LAN card driver installed for the Ethernet hardware of the laptop. You can simply install the driver for the Ethernet by yourself. Download the Ethernet driver software from the website of the DELL. Save it on your computer and start installing. Double click on the .EXE file, It will automatically detect the Ethernet hardware in the installation process. This will resolve the problem of the LAN driver of your DELL laptop.

If the Windows or the laptop is not able to install the Ethernet driver from the above method than there is one more type that you can try to install. If the driver is not installing by running the installation file directly then try to install the Ethernet driver from the Device Manager of the laptop. Right click on the MY COMPUTER and select the properties. Select the hardware tab from the properties and click on the DEVICE MANAGER. The Ethernet hardware will be shown in the yellow color mark, Right click on the Ethernet and select update driver. This will automatically install the driver software for your Ethernet card on your laptop.

If the Ethernet driver software is not installed by any of the above mentioned method then there is a problem in the hardware device of the Ethernet or LAN card. Call the DELL service support center only they can solve this problem by repairing the hardware or by replacing the hardware part of the Ethernet. Your DELL Inspiron 1500 laptop is still under warranty period. So contact them and they will solve this problem of your laptop. They will not charge you anything if the Ethernet of the laptop was not working from the begining.