Thread: Problem of collision of signature

Problem of collision of signature

Small problem: I have a clone of my Windows 7 on a 2nd hard drive (so if something goes wrong, I boot on the 2nd disc). Everything works well individually but when the 2 hard drives are connected at the same time, the 2nd does not appear in the explorer and disk management says: "Disk is offline because it has a collision with another signature drive that is online". If I put "online" via Disk Management, it appears on the browser, but it starts with Windows 7, I must furnish the mbr. The problem is with the 2 discs. I did the same thing with xp with no problem yet.

I have written to Microsoft, they told me after 3 days (instead of 1), and invited me to telephone at a customer service fee. So still no solid answers to my problem apparently, 2 hard drive cloned, can be operated simultaneously

Re: Problem of collision of signature

If you want a disk clone of your main HDD, why not set up a Raid1? Here is a link with a short explanatory of how to implement:

Raid 1 Setup in windows Xp
    set up a RAID array with both SATA and SAS disks

So still no solid answers to my problem apparently, 2 hard drive cloned, can be operated simultaneously
    How will you allow Windows to recognize that 2 identical drives are different drives? Keep your clone off (if it is useful to operate simultaneously with the original)

In fact I use my 2nd HDD as a backup, then from time to time I sync the 1st with the 2nd and if I have any worries about boot, I start with the bios on the 2nd, but with Windows 7 it creates worries apparently, whereas with non-xp. To do this, I am forced to save on a usb hard drive and synchronize the 2nd disc with this one, since they can walk together. There must be a trick, unless there is Windows 7 with the install dvd directly on the 2nd disk without clone. The problem of the raid, is that I do have the 2 discs permanently on when I plug in the 2nd that occasionally for backups and the case of a disk 3.5", it made a little noise, then that 1 in 2.5" mean anything

I have exactly the same type of problem in Windows 7 with 2 HDD USB2 (external) exactly the same as I have initialized at different times and now have exactly the same identity. When I want to connect all the 2 at the same time I receive the message: "The drive is offline because it has a collision with another signature drive that is online. How to fix the problem? Format completely the 2nd drive and then reinstall it when the 1st is already connected?

I was told to try Partition Wizard. Its a free partition manager. It was also said that users can perform complicated partition operations by using this powerful partition manager to manage their hard disk (Resizing partitions, Copying partitions, Create partition, Delete partition, Format partition, Convert partition, Explore partition, Hide partition, Change drive letter, Set active partition, Partition Recovery, Convert Dynamic Disk to Basic Disk). But I have not tried. "Change Partition Serial Number Change Partition Type ID "