Thread: Printer doesn't work after upgrading Windows 7

Printer doesn't work after upgrading Windows 7

I just upgraded to Windows 7 from Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I bought my All-in-One HP Officejet J6480 less than a year ago with the guarantee that it would work with Windows 7. The printer was working fine under Vista, but is unresponsive with Windows 7. This is an all-in-one printer, and the scan function works fine. So, can any body tell me that why does my printer doesn't work after upgrading to Windows 7? What i need to do in order to resolve the above issue? Kindly help me out to resolve the above printer problem. Thanks.

Re: Printer doesn't work after upgrading Windows 7

The upgrade advisor its a cool thing before installing windows 7. The printer driver supports the full features of your printer. If the printer driver for Windows Vista cannot work normally in Windows 7.

More than likely, Windows 7 just doesn't have drivers for your printer. My printer does not work on 7, either, so I use XPM to do my printing. It is not possible to upgrade the Recovery partition to Windows 7. The recovery partition that comes on an HP system is not just a "backup" of the system, it allows you to actually reinstall Windows with the apps and settings that it came with from the factory.

We recommend running regular backups to ensure your data is safe, but that is in addition to the recovery environment, and would serve a different purpose. If the printer driver for Windows Vista cannot work normally in Windows 7. You have to wait for the printer driver for Windows 7 released from the HP official website. There you can get the list of a compatibility software and hardware that Windows 7 manage. Also you can check for an specific issue with the system at the event viewer of Windows 7. As you know, Microsoft does not develop any driver for the third party products.

You upgraded your computer to Windows 7 from Vista, you are correct in stating the recovery partition does not contain any software pertaining to Windows 7. The issue occurs every time i restart the machine, no error message, they just stop responding. However, the recovery partition would still be capable of recovering your computer back to Windows Vista should that be needed. If you would rather have that hard disc space back, it is always possible to delete the partition to recover the space. That being said, you should be sure to have a set of recovery discs created or purchased before deleting the partition.