Thread: Mouse Freezing while using Windows 7

Mouse Freezing while using Windows 7

Since I have installed OS Windows 7, I am facing mouse issues. My mouse freezes after some time. This happens many times while using the applications. The movement just stops for fraction of second, then resumes and seems to work properly. This happens many times. I am using mouse of Logitech. I am using it for a long time without any problems. When I attach mouse to other system it works fine. So the conclusion is problem is residing within new OS. Any Suggestions.??!!
    AMD Sempron 2800+ @ 2Ghz
    Asus A7V8X-LA
    120Gb Seagate barracuda 7200Rpm Ultra-ATA 100
    Elixir 512mb DDR Pc3200 (Soon 1Gb)
    Club 3D Radeon 9600 256Mb
    Lite-On Cd & Dvd writer combo
    IDE-Dvd drive
    400w Psu
    Windows Xp Pro Sp2
    Advent Wireless Mouse & Keyboard.

Re: Mouse Freezing while using Windows 7

This seems that you are having some drivers problem. Also try some other mouse to your system, if it works properly, then there is something wrong with your PC. If the other mouse are also not working properly there is problem in your port or motherboard. If other mouse is working properly then first go to device manager and check whether the drivers of your mouse are properly installed or not. If it is already installed then try to update your mouse driver. Many times the conflicts of drivers causes this issue (especially when it is laptop). So updating drivers might remove this problem.

I was too facing a problem of mouse freezing, but on my laptop. When I searched I got some points to overcome this issue. When I tried it doesn't helped me a lot, but there was sufficient difference to me. Hope this too will help you a bit.
    1. Select the Personalize, after Right clicking on the desktop.
    2. Open the mouse pointer and select the Pointer Option.
    3. Uncheck the "Enhance pointer precision", "Display pointer trails", "Hide pointer while typing", all the options.
    4. Then click OK.
    5. Also click on "Pointers" tab and uncheck "enable pointer shadow".

After doing this I observed some improvement in frequency of mouse freeze. It still rarely happens.

There are many issues with the Logitech Mice. Also the drivers of Logitech does not matches with the Windows 7. So first uninstall the mouse driver currently present by going to the device manager. After uninstalling try to install new updated driver of your mouse. You will get the updated driver from the logitech site or somewhere else on internet. Still your problem continues then scan your system with updated anti virus. There is nothing wrong with the OS. If the problem persist you will have to change the mouse (instead of OS).

I have a Logitech MX Revolution mouse, and running Win 7 64. Get same pauses of the mouse, especially when certain engineering apps are running. Mouse hangs for about 1/4 sec or less and then starts to respond again. Latest driver from website is installed. Have not tried a different mouse yet.

Dattaboy18 Guest

I myself never use wireless keyboard and mouse, simply bcos of der battery life nd other stuff , try using simple mouse and keyboard dis time, and when u get online to internet, find d drivers