Thread: How to prevent device driver from being updated on Windows 7

How to prevent device driver from being updated on Windows 7

I had bought a new Asus Eee PC 1008HA netbooks on which i had installed Windows 7 as my operating system. Now i'm having problem while updating my VGA drivers. When i try to update my VGA driver to the latest version, it doesn't support 1024x768 resolution. So, i would like to know that how can i prevent the device driver from being updated on Windows 7? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: How to prevent device driver from being updated on Windows 7

How is it updating automatically? All of my hardware driver updates are listed as optional. Another common networking related problem is that Active Directory related functions may not work. However, any update from Microsoft can be hidden so that it will not be applied. As you may know, the Active Directory is dependant on the DNS services. If the DNS services are not working, then Active Directory connectivity is impossible.

The only solution to this problem is to contact the NIC's manufacturer and obtain a 64-bit device driver. Open Windows Update and select "Change settings". In that screen, you can select "Check for updates but let me chose whether to download and install them". Then if it is an update from Microsoft, you can chose not to install it. If the NIC's manufacturer does not offer a 64-bit driver then you will have no choice but to either buy a NIC that does offer 64-bit drivers, or you might be able to get away with using the network interface that's built into the computer's system board.

If you decide to use the integrated NIC, you will still need a 64-bit driver, but that shouldn't be a problem since the NIC is a part of a 64-bit system board. If it is not from Microsoft, you will have to looka a little deeper. If there are any display utilities, such as "Catalyst Control Center" or "NVIDIA Control Panel" installed, look for configuration settings in the utility or on the start menu under the display or computer manufacturers name (ASUS).