Thread: Alienware Area 51 Laptop Won't Turn On

sad Alienware Area 51 Laptop Won't Turn On

Hello, I hope I'm putting this in the right thread.

I've recently had trouble with my Alienware Area 51 laptop...
    One day it just wouldn't turn on. I would plug in the adaptor and it wouldn't even register that it was plugged in. So I took it into a tech place and they said that to try to reset the battery by taking it out and just having the A/C adaptor in and holding the power button for thirty seconds if it happened again. Well of course it keeps happening and when I try to do the battery reset all that happens is that after I let go of the power button, the light first flashes green and then glows red to a time that matches how long I held the power button for.

Does this mean that my battery or A/C adaptor is bad?
    Thank you for any help you can give me!

Re: Alienware Area 51 Laptop Won't Turn On

This can be the problem of the Power supply to your Alienware Area 51 laptop. As your laptop does not shows the indication of the charger when you connect the External charger to the laptop. Please check the charger of the laptop with some other laptop. If this charger is not working then change the charger for your laptop. Or else this can be the problem of the charger port of the laptop. Repair or change the charging point of your laptop. This will solve the booting problem of your laptop.

Hey, I have a similar issue with my 51m. It has been broken for a year or so and decided to see if I can get it back up and running. I used to be able to mash the power button for 5 minutes and eventually it would boot up and run perfectly. One day I unplugged from wall and forgot and it shut off. The problem is that it won't boot up again and pushing the power button repeatedly isn't working anymore. When i push the start button, the alienware face on cover lights up for a second and the battery light turns green then red then off. I have taken it apart and cant see any obvious burns or damage. You can also hear a little click on the motherboard every time I push the power button. Any ideas on which component could be the instagator.

TYIA

Check out for the power cord of the system been plugged well on the board. If that not the issue then de-attach the Ram. Clean the socket and then attach it again. Clean the power supply or Smps. Also remove the CMOS battery and then check it out.