Thread: Can not start Print Spooler on Windows 7 RC1 x64

Can not start Print Spooler on Windows 7 RC1 x64

I am running Windows 7 on my Dell laptop. Currently i'm having problems after running the latest updates on Windows 7 RC 1. Before running the latest updates printing seems to work fine. This may have been due to a Office 2007 update. I'm not sure about it. Does any one knows why i can not start Print Spooler on Windows 7 RC1 x64? Any one has any idea about it? Please provide me the correct solution to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Can not start Print Spooler on Windows 7 RC1 x64

You have to install the drivers of the printer on Terminal servers. Driver works fine locally on both XP and Vista. Is there some extra, special, driver associated with shared printers? For example if your client is attached to a Canon iR C3080/3480/3580 PCL5c printer and you want to get that printer redirected to your terminal server, You have to install the drivers of Canon iR C3080/3480/3580 PCL5c (and not the printer) in the terminal server.

Have you tried systematically eliminating extra or unnecessary hardware from the configuration? I installed manual install for the printer driver and I was able to print a picture by right clicking on it and select print, but if I select borderless print it doesn't spool. For that you need to add a new printer with Canon iR C3080/3480/3580 PCL5c drivers and deleting it. Or go to the printers server properties in the TS and, drivers tab and add the appropriate driver.

I think this issue may occur if the Lexmark print service (LexBce Server service) is installed and is running on your computer before you try to add another printer. For that you need to click on Start, then select Run and then type in services.msc on your pc. When Services open find Print Spooler make sure Started and set to Auto. If not working try reinstalling the printer Driver.

Try reinstalling the spooler subsystem. In order to resolve your above issue, you need to check out the following link. I'm wondering if it's because services are pointed at the 32 bit print spooler? This issue may occur if a third-party printer driver or a third-party service that is installed prevents you from adding printers, or if the third-party printer driver or the third-party service affects the functionality of a newly installed printer.