Thread: Process to remove write protection in my pen drive

Process to remove write protection in my pen drive

I have an old pen drive. Till last week it was working better, now it has a problem in it. It has a problem of write protect. How can I solve this problem. I asked the solution to my friend but he also don't know what to do. So give me solution for this problem. I will be thankful to you.

Re: Process to remove write protection in my pen drive

The think you can do is, you have to format your pen drive. Before you format the pen drive save all your data in hard drive C. Then format it. Insert your pen drive in the usb port. Then go to the setup and change the boot sequence hard disk to cdrom drive. After inserting it to windows xp cd in cdrom drive then restart your system & boot the cdrom. You will get a message to press any key, to boot from cdrom. you press any key the windows xp setup will be running, don't press f8. The system will show you, where to install windows xp, select your pen drive. On the screen the format option will appear, select your pen drive format it quickly and press F3 to come out of the setup.

The pen drive will download the zip file. Run it inside the zip file. It will give option to format. Then you insert the pen drive which is giving the error. Insert only one pen drive at a time. If you insert more then one pen drive it will not able to find which one to format. It is good if you are using it for 2-3 times. Keep it mind before removing the pen drive. Remove the pen drive safely all the time.

Start utility to exe file after inserting it again. I was also having the same error, which unable to format my drive. When I started the software it worked at the second time. If it do not work, then check the warranty of your pen drive. You have the warranty, then you can replace it. You can give the old pen drive to the company and can get a new one for the replacement without any additional cost or for free of cost.

Pendrive Partation Soft Ware