Thread: What can I do if my hardware does not work on Windows 7

What can I do if my hardware does not work on Windows 7

Since I installed Windows 7 on my Toshiba laptop, my hardware doesn't seems to be working on my laptop. Now the problem is that anything related to hardware does not work on my laptop. I cannot print and I cannot use my Microphone for my speech-to-text software. Can any one tell me that what can I do if my hardware does not work on Windows 7? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution to get rid of the above issue. Thanks.

Re: What can I do if my hardware does not work on Windows 7

Have you tried installing the driver in compatibility mode? When your system boots or restarts again press the F8 or tab key it will take you to the choice screen, then you need to select the last known good config option. Or you might need to go to Device Manager, right click your modem device in the list and select Update Driver Software, then click Search automatically for updated driver software. Are there any unknown devices in Device manager, or devices with a Yellow mark.

I think that this will be happening because you are using the default Windows 7 driver that installs with the OS. You can also go back into the BIOS and set the SATA drive to IDE mode. Then it will work, but it won't be as fast and will lose some of the other advantages of a SATA drive. If you click on the volume icon when you don't have speakers or earphones plugged in do you get the Windows Troubleshooting wizard? If so, you are definitely using the Windows 7 default driver.

The basic problem here is XP does not contain the drivers for SATA drives. Vista and 7 do contain SATA drivers. Microsoft has the system in place it is the manufacturer's that are not going by it. If the problem still persists, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system (only the beta version) and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; some old driver is not compatible with new OS. Microsoft has the Certified Drivers but the manufacturer's are not taking the time to get the drivers certified. With Windows 7 many manufacturer's will have to change this attitude they have about older hardware support since Windows 7 can run on lower end machines.