Thread: Help with Hard drive detection in Windows 7

Help with Hard drive detection in Windows 7

I have bough a 320 GB Seagate SATA hard drive for my desktop computer. I installed in on my desktop computer and it was running fine with Windows Vista on it. Day before yesterday I purchased the final version of Windows 7 Home Edition. But when I tried tried to install it on my desktop, it failed to detect my Seagate hard drive. What can be the possible reason and solution for this ?
    Last edited by Javiier; 03-12-2009 at 06:12 AM.

Re: Help with Hard drive detection in Windows 7

The reason could be that the Seagate Hard disk is not physically connected properly. Please check your Sata cable whether it is properly plugged in. This happened to me also when I tried installing the Windows 7 RC on my Compaq Presario desktop machine for which I had bough a new 160 GB Hard disk. The issue was with the physical connection which on properly connected was solved and the operating system was installed properly.

As you said that Windows Vista worked properly then try re-installing Windows Vista again. If it does then may be the Windows 7 installation disc is faulty. Try to re-install Windows 7 Home Premium again. If it still does not detects your hard drives then try to install Windows 7 on some other computer with the same installation disc. If the installation fails that means your installation disc is faulty. Try replacing the installation disc.

Might be that your Hard drive is damaged or gone bad. I would advise you to remove the present Seagate hard drive and use some other hard drive. See if you can go ahead with successful Windows installation. If it does then your hard drive is surely gone bad. Take your hard drive to the Service Center or to the Vendor from whom you got it.