Thread: internal hard drive not detected in DELL laptop

internal hard drive not detected in DELL laptop

Friends i need a help from you. my laptop is manufactured by DELL and the model number of my Dell laptop is Inspiron 1420. My laptop is not booting up. when i press the power button it shows some error code and display comes on the screen as the hard disk is not found. I have to do a very important work with my laptop. Reply me the solutions as soon as possible.

THANKS
    Last edited by Felix46; 03-12-2009 at 01:20 AM.

Re: internal hard drive not detected in DELL laptop

So your DELL Inspiron 1420 laptop is not starting or booting when you start it. You are saying that some error code appears and says hard disk not found for booting. This is the very general problem. Just check the connection of the hard disk with the system. Remove the hard disk drive and reconnect it to the system after cleaning the ports of the system and the HDD properly. This will solve the booting problem of your laptop.

If the problem is still there after reconnecting the hard disk drive with the laptop then this is some other problem. There is one more possibility of getting this kind of error messages. It can be possible that the IDE cable of the hard drive is damaged. The IDE cable connects the hard disk drive with the motherboard of the laptop or the desktop system. Check the IDE cable by connecting it to the other systems.

If both the things connection and the IDE cable are proper then this can be the problem of the BIOS settings. Your Boot device settings has changed from hard drive to some other thing. Change the boot device preference from BIOS settings. You can go in BIOS settings by pressing the F4 key after pressing the power button of your system. Now you can select the first Boot device as a Hard disk. After changing this save the settings and restart your laptop. Now the error is solved of your laptop.